Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 391 Posts

·
18,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here is a diagram of some of the buildings in the city.

*edit*

if anyone wants anything adding to the diagram post the height, floors and a rendering.

i am not going to do spital tower until we have a final rendering.

i have tried to make them as accurate as possible. this type of diagram is very handy for height comparisons.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Very nice diagram you've got there, i've just added the buildings which arn't on Skyscraperpage's sheffields diagram to the site . So you can upload them there if you want. :)

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?c917

·
E = MC²
5,551 Posts
Those are really great diagrams,

On the skyscraperpage's sheffield diagram if that is all the tall buildings in the city it seems to have missed out the 12 story block from the Hallam University. Although its a block with 12 stories there is a caretaker's house on the roof making it a bit taller. It is a very large building that and IT would be interesting to see a comparison with the others.

·
18,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
do you mean the owen building? if so then yes i will add it.

thanks kids in the riot for adding citylofts to ssp. i would have done it but i dont have the right programs to do it on. i do everything on ms paint.

btw does anyone know the official heights of V1 and metier? i imagine they are just a few meters short of the pennine centre...

·
E = MC²
5,551 Posts
Thanks Kyle,
I went to the Own building when it was still the sheffield poly 12 story block back in 1988 to 1991, by the looks of it it has been tidied up considerably since then.

In fact we were sat in a lecture watching the Novotel being built and found the word "novotel" extremely funny at the time, as it sounded completely mongy to us. I still think the Novotel is the most ugly building in the town centre, it looks unfinished and temporary.

Does anyone know if the arts tower is still the tallest university / education building in europe. I know they used to advertise that as an interesting fact.

·
Registered
739 Posts
muddycoffee said:
Thanks Kyle,

Does anyone know if the arts tower is still the tallest university / education building in europe. I know they used to advertise that as an interesting fact.
They still say it is the tallest university building in the Uk, perhaps that means there is now a bigger building somewhere in Europe.

·
18,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive added DWP building and City Plaza.. please note that DWP was an absolute bitch to do! so i hop you all appreciate this! lol :)

·
E = MC²
5,551 Posts
Great work Kyle,
Looks like a big chocolate cake, after a few people have already had a go at it.

yummy!

and while I'm hungry, the grosvenor looks like a blender.

·
Who'd sit in THAT chair..
1,137 Posts
Yeah Kyle, these are really good, your attention to detail is perfect, we have an artiste in our midst! :bow:

I'd like to West Bar Gateway and Hanover House, and maybe Eclipse, since we may see it return... :)

·
18,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
hanover house as in the flats? my brain aint working today....lol
westbar gateway? which ones that? do you mean the shard twin towers because i was going to do them but i dont know their heights....

id love to do any of the buildings in the city, but i need to find out their stats first... emporis is lacking a lot of the heights i need.

im gonna have a go with the town hall as well but im not sure if ill be able to do it..lol

1 - 20 of 391 Posts