1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Fly Nashville!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
These might be the best Nashville photos I've ever seen. I think the third pics is just about the perfect angle for city photos.

·
Fly Nashville!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These might be the best Nashville photos I've ever seen. I think the third pics is just about the perfect angle for city photos.
I appreciate that and I would concur 100%.

Word on Sig is it's still a go. They have re-worked some of the original usage plans to incorporate more mixed usage and less condo usage.

·
Fly Nashville!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate all that have replied. Since I am not getting much in the way of replies to this (which to be honest I thought I would), i'll post a few more shots for those that don't want to go over to the Flickr site.

Hopefully this will generate some more intrest on here since it's been deathly quite. This is embarrasing for a thread like this.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well, while everyone else is debating which Southeast metros are hopping for singles and which should or shouldn't have gayborhoods, I'll gladly give you kudos again for some amazing aerials.:applause:

The one of downtown and midtown is my fave but I also love that you captured just how lush Nashville is.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Those debates were stupid and some people are just very annoying. I'm done arguing. It IS sad that when those of us that take pics post a photo thread, we get so few replies. If you like what you see in a photo thread you should post a comment and just compliment the photographer.

Thanks Lexy, you take good pics.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
This is an AMAZING collection of aerial shots!!! Very well composed and with a lot of clarity, which is hard to achieve during the warmer months of the year. I know why y'all want to see new signature towers, but let me say that I like Nashville's skyline as is, along with its great blend of architectures. Also, I like Nashville's non-linear pattern, which makes the skyline look dense from all angles.

Great job, Lexy :eek:kay: Each and every image you posted is impressive!!!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Awesome shots, great job! I love the small brick buildings along the waterfront and into downtown, really nice. But, there's so, so much parking! :(

·
Registered
440 Posts
Don't worry. Most of parking lots south of Broadway will be gone in five years with the new convention center and it's hotels. Actually, most of the parking lots in downtown and midtown are future projects.

·
Fly Nashville!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't worry. Most of parking lots south of Broadway will be gone in five years with the new convention center and it's hotels. Actually, most of the parking lots in downtown and midtown are future projects.
Exactly. Most, if not all, are spoken for.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Awesome shots, great job! I love the small brick buildings along the waterfront and into downtown, really nice. But, there's so, so much parking! :(
There's really hardly any surface parking in the middle of downtown Nashville. I don't know what you're talking about, but if that makes you feel superior to another city, that's fine I suppose and thanks for playing.

·
The Secret Word Is:
387 Posts
These are great photos! As I've said before, Tennessee has some of the best cities. Your new tallest may have a height increase, if the floor count remains the same, but uses for more of those floors change from residential to office.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
The aerials do Nashville MUCH more justice than just standard skyline shots. The only other vantage point I would liked to have seen would be from the "backside" of the skyline. It's a rather interesting vantage point for river cities.

·
Fly Nashville!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The aerials do Nashville MUCH more justice than just standard skyline shots. The only other vantage point I would liked to have seen would be from the "backside" of the skyline. It's a rather interesting vantage point for river cities.
I think I have that shot in my photostream on Flickr. Check to see and post a link if you see it.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I've said this before, and it's quite apparent from these photos. The downtown skyline is only two supertalls from being stunning. The reason is that there are already lots of standard height buildings for the density, and it's not a linear layout, which gives it a full looking downtown (like Dallas). So 2 (or 3 to be greedy) 700'+ towers would look amazing. Personally, I don't think Giarratana's Signature Tower needs to be more than 900' tall, as long as it broke the imaginary height barrier that exists today.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts