SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on many myself, and I haven't been on any of the long distance cruises like the Inside Passage or any of the Alaska Marine Highways, but of those I have taken, my three favourites are:

1. Tsawassen - Swartz Bay (BC Ferries)
Beautiful ferry ride connecting Vancouver with Victoria, cutting through the magnificent Gulf Islands, with amenities such as coffee bar, cafeteria, gourmet buffet, gift shop, massage chair, and use of a special quiet area with big screen TV for an additional fee.

2. Anacortes - San Juan Islands - Sidney (Washington State Ferries)
Most spectacular scenery of all the medium length routes around here. It would easily be tops if not run on a clunky old boat with no amenities (including food, shop, etc. for a 3 hour cruise) and had a better schedule.

3. Seattle - Bainbridge Island (WSF)
Beautiful cruise across Puget Sound with magnificent view of the Seattle Skyline.

What are your favourites? Post cruise pics, if available.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have been on a couple routes too:

1. Horseshoe Bay(W. Vancouver) - Departure Bay (Nanimo)
This is my favorite one due to it being on one of the fast ferries which no longer run. The boat was much smaller but had great amenities.

2. Tsawassen - Swartz Bay
When on one of the newer Spirt class ferries very comfortable and quick

3. Horseshoe Bay - Langdale
Great view of Howse Sound and the coast mountains

4. Saltery Bay - Earls Cove
Short ride but again great view of the coast mountains

I can't find any pictures right now I will post when I do find them

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Thanks for reminding me of the Horsheshoe - Langdale route. That'll actually take #3 on my list, bringing down Seattle - Bainbridge to #4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts