SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't been on many myself, and I haven't been on any of the long distance cruises like the Inside Passage or any of the Alaska Marine Highways, but of those I have taken, my three favourites are:

1. Tsawassen - Swartz Bay (BC Ferries)
Beautiful ferry ride connecting Vancouver with Victoria, cutting through the magnificent Gulf Islands, with amenities such as coffee bar, cafeteria, gourmet buffet, gift shop, massage chair, and use of a special quiet area with big screen TV for an additional fee.

2. Anacortes - San Juan Islands - Sidney (Washington State Ferries)
Most spectacular scenery of all the medium length routes around here. It would easily be tops if not run on a clunky old boat with no amenities (including food, shop, etc. for a 3 hour cruise) and had a better schedule.

3. Horseshoe Bay - Langdale (BCF)
Magnificent view of Howe Sound, the Coast Mountain range, Georgia Strait and the Islands on this short run route.

4. Seattle - Bainbridge Island (WSF)
Beautiful cruise across Puget Sound with magnificent view of the Seattle Skyline and Olympic Mountains.

What are your favourites? Perhaps those more knowledgeable can fill us in on some of the others.

Post cruise pics, if available.

1,559 Posts
Yo did you hear about the Ferry that lost power the other day? It was just sitting in the middle of the sound just off Elliot Bay for like 2 hours or something! :D

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rainier Meadows said:
Yo did you hear about the Ferry that lost power the other day? It was just sitting in the middle of the sound just off Elliot Bay for like 2 hours or something! :D
LOL!

Did they tug it to shore, or did they get the technicians to frantically repair it on the spot?

·
Registered
123 Posts
thats not ass bad as the BC Ferry ship that they spent millions on upgrading it and then a couple of weeks ago it broke down as well in the Georgia Strait

1 - 5 of 5 Posts