Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 509 Posts

·
Skyteam Platinum Elite
2,534 Posts
627 said:
or what about neiman marcus, saksfifth, or barneys?

Absolutely ,those names you mentioned should enter the jakarta stage and also just like Alvin mentioned Takasimaya

G

·
jag.lt.cmd said:
Absolutely ,those names you mentioned should enter the jakarta stage and also just like Alvin mentioned Takasimaya

Also Lane Crawford, Harold's, Seibu (to come back in again)......

I guess Isetan would do very well in Indonesia judging from the popularity of the ghost movies and reality shows on TV.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Harrods must be a good choice as anchor tenant at Pacific Place since I heard Takashimaya will occupy International Plaza (Mega Kuningan).

·
Registered
431 Posts
wow.. ive never heard of most of these department stores... are they comparable to robisons may, macys, sears etc.. in terms of what they sell, or do they resemble more higher-end department stores like bloomingdales or nordstroms... or even higher higher end department stores like neimanmarcus, saksfifth n barneys?

·
Fir3blaze
918 Posts
627, those are Asian (mostly Japanese) brands. As for those you mentioned, they are American, and I've only came across them by name only. Harrods would be a good tenant, but I'm unsure if they can be an anchor tenant.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
far out, the pacificplacejakarta.com website have been delayed again to 28 March....:(
wopde, got any news mate?

·
Registered
431 Posts
i find it ridiculous how they can't even live up to their set deadlines... especially when they failed to do so twice already. :bash:

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
627 said:
i find it ridiculous how they can't even live up to their set deadlines... especially when they failed to do so twice already. :bash:
hehehe typical Indonesians ...very flexible with time :D

·
Melbourne Zealot
1,300 Posts
That tower on the left is very similar shape to PwC building under construction in Melbourne now...

·
Registered
431 Posts
haha yeah... well i sort of already expected it to be vague, just as woopee had warned us. but what bugs me is that the website has a TON of grammatical errors, which defintiely does not suit the "exlusive stature" of this project... BIG pet peeve :bash: :bash:

·
Registered
431 Posts
what's the difference between the marketing and the actual number of floors? and why would they eliminate floors that consist of the number four? i dont get it... haha

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
wopde said:
the website is clearly aimed for marketing & selling purpose. not for us ... hehehe.

My friend told me One pacific place will be 43 storeys but i'm not sure if its marketing or actual levels. there's this new trends to exclude level 14, 24, and 34 and anything that relates to the number 4. it used to be only 4 and 13 ... I wonder what will they put after level 39 ??? Straight to 50 ???

Two pacific place is currently on the drawing board, rumours has it that it will be 75+ storeys and it will look somehow like crossbreed between Union Square (HK) & IFC (HK) ... let your imagination runs wild and try to picture it in your brain.

I think Union Square & IFC has pretty much the same basic design & concept, but the details on the facade that will make a big difference.
well, assuming they exclude all 4s, then 43 storeys can't be marketing...because simply by definition, the top floor cannot contain a '4' in it. :D

Any word on the height (in meters) of all the buildings ??

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I just realised...
this new 60-storey proposed tower on Jl. Gatot Subroto looks a lot like Union Square Phase 7 - something your friend might want to consider...you wouldn't want to have two very similar buildings in the city :D

·
Jakarta : Home sweet Home
769 Posts
well... both buildings are very beautiful..
is the 60-storey building in jakarta approved yet?

61 - 80 of 509 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.