Baltit Fort, Hunza

·
arre dil pe mat le yaar
141 Posts
wow great ,pakistan northern area looks great.:applause:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Mountain Ranges, Desert, Coastline, Fertile plains...we have em all!

These pictures are from here and there (visit kbboy's thread http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=10786296#post10786296)

Two Great Pictures from Flickr by Jawad Zakaria:

Flying high (at 8000m) and may it do so till the end of time!

Fairy Meadows

Crystal Clear Water

Oh yeah....MORE GLACIERS THAN ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Southern Landscape

Canyons, Deserts, Fertile Plains, and a Coastline!

How bout some Canyons!?

Hingol National Park

The Fertile Plains of Punjab

The Desert (not sure whether its Thar or Cholistan)

The Coast (From the Turtle Green Waters of Karachi to the Clear Blue of Gwadar and Balochistan)

·
GumbyWench
272 Posts
Wow! Such beautiful scenery - so many contrasts across the landscape!! I've never seen such amazing pictures of Pakistan before - thanks for posting them!!

·
quit wasting my time !!
3,900 Posts
For forumers wanting to see more of Pakistan that ISNT shown by world media, please go to the Pakistan Forums of SSC. We have a WHOLE SECTION full of pictures and threads you wouldnt see elsewhere. You can find a lot of great pictures of our northern areas too over there.

Pakistan isnt just what you see on CNN or hear in terms of some suicide bomb blast or something. This country has amazing diversity in culture and landscapes and is just a very different experience in itself. So find out more about it, I am sure it will make an impression on you.

·
quit wasting my time !!
3,900 Posts
This pic is mind-boggling. I count 8 peaks in this pic above 7000 meters/24000feet, all taller than the tallest peak in North America (McKinley, Alaska).

Thats what you get from having two of the world's tallest mountain ranges in the north of the country, the Karakorum and the Himalayas. 6 of the world's 15 tallest mountains are in Pakistan and Pakistani Kashmir.

·
Registered
182 Posts
For forumers wanting to see more of Pakistan that ISNT shown by world media, please go to the Pakistan Forums of SSC. We have a WHOLE SECTION full of pictures and threads you wouldnt see elsewhere. You can find a lot of great pictures of our northern areas too over there.

Pakistan isnt just what you see on CNN or hear in terms of some suicide bomb blast or something. This country has amazing diversity in culture and landscapes and is just a very different experience in itself. So find out more about it, I am sure it will make an impression on you.
I am sure what you say is true. Unfortunately, negative perception of Pakistan, thanks to the popular media in the West fixated only on the unflattering aspects of that country, seems to have so firmly ingrained among us that we are almost unwilling to accept any depiction that is upbeat. After all, didn't we see how two forumers attempted to derail that ongoing thread about Islamabad?

I can assure you though that the breathtaking beauty of the northern areas of Pakistan is no secret among serious hikers, trekkers and travelers trotting the globe. And, contrary to the common notion of an average person on the street, their travel blogs tell us tales of embarrassingly friendly and hospitable people in that part of the world.

1 - 20 of 341 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.