SkyscraperCity Forum banner
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Pakistan’s Population to Cross 306 Million By 2050: UN Report

https://propakistani.pk/2017/07/01/pakistans-population-exceed-300-million-2050-un-report/

The world population continues to rise. Average number of births is declining however the number of deaths is also going down leading to a steadily increasing population.

According to “United Nations’ World Population Prospects (2017 revision)”, in mid 2017 the world’s population stood at 7.6 billion.

And it will grow to 9.8 billion by 2050, the report estimates. Not to wonder, Pakistan’s population by the time will hit 306 million mark, that’s some 33% more individuals than we have right now.

We’ve added 1 billion more people to the world over the last 12 years. 60% of the population lives in Asia 17% in Africa, 10% in Europe, 9% in Latin America and the Caribbean while the remaining 6% is from North America and Oceania.

Continuous Rise in Population

The report mentions that,

Today, the world’s population continues to grow, albeit more slowly than in the recent past.

Ten years ago, the global population was growing by 1.24 per cent per year. Today, it is growing by 1.10 per cent per year, yielding an additional 83 million people annually.

By 2050 the world will be home to approximately 9.8 billion people, rising to 11.2 billion in the year 2100.

Trends Expected in 2050

India and China are still the two most populous countries and will continue to be so until 2050. India, however, will overtake China to become the most highly populated country in the world by the time.

Pakistan is currently the 5th most populated country in the world. Nigeria will overtake Pakistan, Indonesia and US to become the third most populous nation by 2050.

Collectively the 10 countries in the image above will account for half of the world’s population by the year 2050.

Unsurprisingly, Europe will be the only region to experience a decrease in numbers. The population in Europe will decline from 2017 to 2050.

Africa to Play a Central Role

The biggest contributor to the world’s population by 2050 will be Africa. The report states that the large number of children and youth in Africa will reach adulthood in the coming years.

Because of their large numbers, their childbearing will contribute to a further increase in population even assuming that they will bear fewer children on average than their parents’ generation.

In all plausible scenarios of future trends, Africa will play a central role in shaping the size and distribution of the world’s population over the next few decades.

Overpopulation

Having a larger population will also bring other problems in Pakistan. Pollution is one of the side effects we’re witnessing these days, the smog in Lahore being a recent example. Global warming is also speeding up due to this which has resulted in the recent heatwave with temperatures breaking previous records.

The risk is very real and the government needs to deal with the issue in a timely manner before the situation gets worse.

Ethiopia population will remain the same.

·
17,199 Posts

·
Everythin bubble of water
22,602 Posts
Countries with over 1 million immigrant population

46,627,102 United States
12,005,690 Germany
11,643,276 Russia
..9,060,433 Saudi Arabia
..8,543,120 United Kingdom
..7,850,000 Canada
..7,826,981 United Arab Emirates
..7,784,418 France
..6,763,663 Australia
..5,852,953 Spain
..5,788,875 Italy
..5,338,486 India
..4,834,898 Ukraine
..4,580,678 Turkey
..4,080,766 Pakistan
..3,721,735 Thailand
..3,476,233 Kazakhstan
..3,276,880 Malaysia
..2,925,780 Jordan
..2,920,000 Kuwait
..2,804,753 Hong Kong
..2,649,516 Iran
..2,446,171 Ivory Coast
..2,438,702 Switzerland
..2,437,169 Japan
..2,399,238 Philippines
..2,323,252 Singapore
..2,046,873 Israel
..1,979,486 Netherlands
..1,885,678 Argentina
..1,847,274 Brazil
..1,639,771 Sweden
..1,600,955 Qatar
..1,492,374 Austria
..1,396,514 Bangladesh
..1,394,227 Syria
..1,387,940 Belgium
..1,266,278 Uzbekistan
..1,242,514 Greece
..1,233,592 Nigeria
..1,230,000 South Korea
..1,171,331 Venezuela
..1,132,736 New Zealand
..1,112,032 Oman
..1,103,460 Mexico
..1,082,905 Belarus

·
Indus Priest King
7,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Ranking passports is as stupid a study as that "failed states" index. The amount of racism within how passports and citizenship is dealt with is just amazing. Look at the VISA requirements for Apartheid South Africa versus the South Africa of today.

Speaks volumes of how intrinsically racist the west is. And they love denying it calling others "social justice warriors".

Reactions: Zenone

·
Indus Priest King
7,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I haven't travelled to continental Europe in years so I don't know...I have had bad experiences in America. .so never again... Even rich Gulf countries. .
But I was in Canada during the easter weekend. .All smiles and welcomes; a pleasant experience indeed.But Canadians are not Americans, or even Arabs; they are far more decent .
Go to real Canada...as in the rural areas. It's not different than the United States, it's only that people of Canada are more subtle about it. Places like Toronto and Mississauga are not Canada in my honest opinion....these are cities full of immigrants where "white flight" has occurred en masse.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Pakistan Data & Rankings

I had good experience on my recent trip to Canada mostly because I visited cities. Rural areas is a different experience. There are some people who are very good while some don't like immigrants. I had bad experience right after I crossed Windsor boarder. In last decade or two some mid west states are now starting to dislike immigrants. That's one reason people are liking republicans. This trend will continue as more and more immigrants are moving to white majority areas.

·
dizzie35
12,183 Posts
Go to real Canada...as in the rural areas. It's not different than the United States, it's only that people of Canada are more subtle about it. Places like Toronto and Mississauga are not Canada in my honest opinion....these are cities full of immigrants where "white flight" has occurred en masse.
I have no intention of going to rural Canada. I was merely visiting my sister in Montreal during easter. I can barely stand living in London;even though I was born here ; the city becomes unfriendlier every day...am just doing my time so I can move back home to Karachi.

·
Indus Priest King
7,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
^^ I understand that...I studied in Canada as an international student, so that's why I was merely mentioning my experience. I have no ill-will towards them or the west, but I realized something very valuable studying and living abroad.

You can dress like them, talk like them, act like them, laugh like them, cry like them all you want...when push comes to shove, they will never consider you one of their own...ever. And there's nothing wrong with that...I never felt slighted by that. I was a guest, and was treated as a guest.

But sometimes I feel for overseas Pakistanis who have lived abroad for 30, 40, 50 years or are 2nd or 3rd generation, busting there butts to pay the bills and send some money back home and still feel un-welcomed.

I think to myself...if our country has its issues in order, would these people have gone abroad to the frozen confines of places like Norway or Canada? Probably not.

·
dizzie35
12,183 Posts
^^ I understand that...I studied in Canada as an international student, so that's why I was merely mentioning my experience. I have no ill-will towards them or the west, but I realized something very valuable studying and living abroad.

You can dress like them, talk like them, act like them, laugh like them, cry like them all you want...when push comes to shove, they will never consider you one of their own...ever. And there's nothing wrong with that...I never felt slighted by that. I was a guest, and was treated as a guest.

But sometimes I feel for overseas Pakistanis who have lived abroad for 30, 40, 50 years or are 2nd or 3rd generation, busting there butts to pay the bills and send some money back home and still feel un-welcomed.

I think to myself...if our country has its issues in order, would these people have gone abroad to the frozen confines of places like Norway or Canada? Probably not.
You know so many people are moving back. ..In droves...esp after Trump. That's one if the reason for the property boom in the country,from Karachi to Mirpur. .And ask any school principal of any good,not just elite private schools how many applications for admission they receive from well.off parents of these returning expats every month. .It's astounding. The poor,of course, often misled by corrupt human smugglers of course still want to seek their fortune outside the country.

·
17,199 Posts

·
17,199 Posts
Yes. But these figures are outdated, according to sama news Pakistan's mobile phone users have crossed 140.5 Million mark in May 2017. It should be around 145 Million right now.

ISLAMABAD: Mobile phone users in the country have reached 140.5 million by May this year which was 133.2 million till July 2016, showing a moderate growth with each passing month.

All the operators providing mobile phone services have added around 7.3 million new users in their subscribers during the period.

Mobilink is still leading the operators charts with its total around 53 million customers.

As per statistics issued by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), the subscriber base of Telenor reached 41 million by May this year.

Zong has 28.2 million customers at end of May 2017 while Ufone stood with 18.5 million customers till the time.

With touching current subscribers base of 140.5 million mark, the tele-density in area reached 72.51 per cent which was 70.71 percent by July last year.

https://www.samaa.tv/economy/2017/07/mobile-phone-users-cross-140-5-mln/

·
17,199 Posts
Reactions: Arsalan Rashid
101 - 120 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.