SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 2810 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mod Edit:

This thread is for reporting developments and updates in the defence sector like purchase or more importantly export of defence material.

Please do NOT discuss/debate wars, india, military spending vs education, Terrorism or related news, etc. Its strictly for development and export/import related news ONLY.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2167887.stm

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
very old news!

its a copy of a trainer that sweden made

·
Registered
28 Posts
PkPride the JF-17 is currently being flight tested, the radar and avionics have been selected. PAF plans to have 6 by mid-end 2006 and 150-200 over the next few years, Pakistani aircraft will eventually be manufactured by PAC at Kamra.

Aziz

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
Why do you want to hear about the JF-17?

in my eyes its total crap

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pakistanunited:

Total crap? What do you base that on? Sure it would be beaten by the F-22, but in the India-Pakistan scenario it is a potent weapon.

It give us a BVR aircraft, multirole, similar manouverability to F-16, helps increase out industrial base and is easliy maintainable.

The only aircraft the Indian's currently have which could definitely beat it is the SU30.

You should make more informed comments.

Aziz

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
Aziz M said:
Pakistanunited:

Total crap? What do you base that on? Sure it would be beaten by the F-22, but in the India-Pakistan scenario it is a potent weapon.

It give us a BVR aircraft, multirole, similar manouverability to F-16, helps increase out industrial base and is easliy maintainable.

The only aircraft the Indian's currently have which could definitely beat it is the SU30.

You should make more informed comments.

Aziz
Escuse me!

DO YOU HEAR ANYTHING NEW ABOUT THE JF-17?
exactly thier is no recent news about this plane.
Now compare this to the JF-17 THE J-10!
Why are we wasting our damn resources on the JF-17 a crappy plane that our old F-16's could crush the JF-17.

BVR will also be implemented in the J-10 as well and if we were smart we would have dropped the JF-17 project and started to fund the J-10 project which would then enable us to get it before the current expected date of 2010. China already promised ToT for the J-10 so i dont see how this is not a informed comment.

·
Registered
89 Posts
there hasn't been many updates on this new venture, which is good. such work shouldn't be in the eye of the public until it's good and ready. Plus two nations won't "waste" their man power and money to build something that could be "beaten" by older planes. if you, a poster on these forums can just think of and bring up the points you did, what makes you think the team of engineers and designers from China and Pakistan are dumb? Anyway, when it's ready, we'll hear about it. if we dont hear about it, its probably best anyway.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The simple reason that the PAF pursued the JF-17 rather than the J-10 (which it will probably buy anyway) is because of cost - JF-17 $15m, J-10 $26-30m. Plus the PAF is seeking another fighter in addition to the JF-17 and F-16's, this may well be an upgraded J-10 which is currently being developed. All part of the hi-lo mix.

If you recall JF-17 was delayed by 3 years as PAF enhanced its design parameters after massive Indian defence spending.

Aziz

·
Indus Priest King
7,581 Posts
When is this fighter planning to make a debut in the air force? I hope it's soon...

BTW what is J10?

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
Aziz M said:
The simple reason that the PAF pursued the JF-17 rather than the J-10 (which it will probably buy anyway) is because of cost - JF-17 $15m, J-10 $26-30m. Plus the PAF is seeking another fighter in addition to the JF-17 and F-16's, this may well be an upgraded J-10 which is currently being developed. All part of the hi-lo mix.

If you recall JF-17 was delayed by 3 years as PAF enhanced its design parameters after massive Indian defence spending.

Aziz
I bet by 2010 the JF-17 WILL BE INDUCTED! :bash:

·
Registered
28 Posts
First 6 JF-17's will be inducted in 2006, after that atleast 20 will inshallah be inducted every year.

J-10 is an advanced Chinese Jet in the class of the Eurofighter, Rafale, Gripen and F-16 Block 60 - Substantial design assistance has been provided by Israel after it shelved its LAVI fighter jet (after the Americans gave them cheap F-16's). J-10 currently represents the pinnacle of Chinese aerospace and is said to have beaten the Sukhoi Su30 in combat manouveres last year (this is the most advanced fighter jet India has). Due to it's performance against the Su30 it is widely anticipated that China will end procurement plans for any more Sukhoi's (including license produced Su27's).

Aziz

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
I hope your not taking your time to tell me about Jets i have already studied deeply.

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
no sir i am not a member of PakDef.info

i just roam around reading articles and anyalsis's

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aziz M said:
First 6 JF-17's will be inducted in 2006, after that atleast 20 will inshallah be inducted every year.

J-10 is an advanced Chinese Jet in the class of the Eurofighter, Rafale, Gripen and F-16 Block 60 - Substantial design assistance has been provided by Israel after it shelved its LAVI fighter jet (after the Americans gave them cheap F-16's). J-10 currently represents the pinnacle of Chinese aerospace and is said to have beaten the Sukhoi Su30 in combat manouveres last year (this is the most advanced fighter jet India has). Due to it's performance against the Su30 it is widely anticipated that China will end procurement plans for any more Sukhoi's (including license produced Su27's).

Aziz
Does Pakistan have any J10's?

1 - 20 of 2810 Posts