53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The Beautiful Lipa Valley :

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Lahore Marathon

for more: http://www.lahoremarathon.com/

The Chief Minister's Task Force on Lahore is organizing the first ever International Marathon on Sunday, 30th January 2005 in Lahore. The project is being officially launched today .

Standard Chartered Bank is the Title Sponsor of the Lahore Marathon, reinforcing the Bank’s commitment to Marathon running communities across the world. At present, Standard Chartered is sponsoring six major marathons across Africa, Asia and the Middle East namely, Nairobi (October 24), Singapore (December 5), Dubai (January 7), Mumbai (January 16), Pakistan (January 30) and Hong Kong (February 27).
The 42.195-Km Marathon in Lahore will commence early in the morning, followed quickly by a 10-Km Marathon and a 6-Km Dream Run. The top 50 out of 200 male and female marathoners of the world will participate in the 42.195-Km Marathon. With total prize money of US$100,000 approx., the Standard Chartered Lahore Marathon will attract serious runners from the Pakistan Athletic Federation, the armed forces and amateurs from schools, colleges and the general public. Above all, the different Marathon categories will reach out to young and old alike encouraging them to take part in this unique event and positively project the city of Lahore and its people.

The Standard Chartered Lahore Marathon will be taking place along a special 42.195-Km route that will be developed to showcase the spectacular city and highlight its history, culture and scenic appeal.

Ian Ladbrooke (Edge Fitness UK) will be the Race Director. He has organized leading marathons of the world and will be assisted by Gavin Lightwood, who will officiate as Start/Finish Race Director. Rupinder Singh (RPR Sports India) will be the Assistant Race Director and Coordinator for elite runners and Publicis Pakistan will be the local Event Managers for the Lahore Marathon. This team of professionals has a sterling track record of organizing marathons, athletic meets and track events featuring the world's finest athletes.

An intensive plan to provide entertainment, highlight the importance of physical fitness, arrange a trade fair, food festivals, training clinics, and other exciting activites is being finalized. A special welcome gala dinner for elite marathoners, foreign dignitaries and senior government and corporate heads is scheduled in January.

Registrations for the Standard Chartered Lahore Marathon 2005 begin on 25th October and close on 31st December 2004. The entry fee for Pakistani participants is Rs. 50 for 42.195-Km and 10-Km Marathons and Rs.100 for the 6-Km Dream Run.

·
Indus Priest King
7,559 Posts
They have ads on City FM....Run Lahore Run...

·
Musharraf Ka Danda!
10,199 Posts
lol i have it but its short and dumb. Lol it was funny though

·
Registered
457 Posts
Pakistan's Police

Islamabad POLICE

Islamabad Police Fleet
82 vehicles in total
42 New cars
8 lifters and
32 Motorcycles

Strength
Traffic Police 709+
Islamabad Police 2500+

Lahore POLICE

50+ New Santor

·
Hola
12,619 Posts
I wonder when we are going to get proper cars for the Karachi Police.

I hate the rear open Hilux's, looks more like a Gay Patrol instead of a proper Police Patrol.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
the santros look nice except for the cheaply hand painted red and blue on the bottom. for Gods sake could they not make decals

·
Registered
346 Posts
FahadKhan said:
^ I saw those when the Indian Cricket team was here too, but after that they just vanished!

super highway police have those corolla... Not the local police inside the city

·
Registered
457 Posts
National Highway & Motorway Police

National Highway & Motorway Police Fleet

Land Cruisers 10+
Toyota Corolla Cars 75+
Double Cabins 36+
Single Cabins 15+
Mazda Tow Trucks 08+
Hiace Vans 20+
Suzuki 500 CC Motorcycles 24+

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm back from my holidays in Holland :) nice thread I did start this thread called Pakistan Police don't know where it go ??? it's good you have Khuree ... welldone

1 - 20 of 3087 Posts