Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Palermo Chico and Barrio Parque

Located in Buenos Aires City, capital of República Argentina.-

Across Figueroa Alcorta Avenue, between San Martín de Tours and Tagle streets, Palermo Chico ("Small" or "Exclusive" Palermo) is the most upmarket part of Palermo

Once a quarter full of splendid mansions set in broad private parks, many luxury condominiums and apartment houses are now to be seen.

Embassy of Belgium
Neoclassic French style Mansion situated in Rufino de Elizalde St. # 2830

Embassy of Portugal

San Martín monument

Neighbouring Barrio Parque is strictly a residential area, laid out in winding streets by Charles Thays; many of the wealthy and famous own homes there, like Mirtha Legrand, Susana Gimenez, Mauricio Macri, Mariano Grondona y Eduardo Constantini and Francisco Macri.

Instituto Nacional Sanmartiniano

Over Avenida del Libertador:

El Palacio Errázuriz, became The Buenos Aires Museum of Decorative Arts

Embassy of Spain

Over Figueroa Alcorta Ave.:

Grand Bourg Tower.

Barrio Parque Building

Palacio Alcorta, recicled in luxury lofts in 1994

San Martín de Tours Church.

ROND POINT exclusive meeting point for politics and television stars.

GR Jewellry by Tiffany

Floralis Genérica

The gleaming steel and aluminum petals of this giant flower look very space age, perhaps because they were commissioned from the Lockheed airplane factory by architect Eduardo Catalano, who designed and paid for the monument.

The 20-meter-high structure begins to open at dawn and closes at dusk, when the setting sun turns its mirrored surfaces a glowing pink. Local opinions are divided on the flower, but it counts cutting-edge Argentine artist Guillermo Kuitca among its fans..

The flower stands in the Plaza Naciones Unidas (behind El Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes over Avenida Figueroa Alcorta), which was remodeled to accommodate it. The small square is refreshingly free of dog mess and thus a great place for a picnic or for kids to roll on the grass. OPEN: Dawn-dusk.

MALBA, the Museum of Latin American Art in Buenos Aires, is located between Barrio Parque.

The Latin American Art Museum of Buenos Aires (Spanish: Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires, MALBA) is a museum created by Argentine businessman Eduardo F. Constantini. It is a not-for-profit institution featuring the Constantini Collection, and also a dynamic cultural center, that constantly updates art and film exhibitions and develops cultural activities

The collection includes Paints of the most famous latin american artist: Frida Kahlo, Wilfredo Lam, Roberto Matta, Diego Rivera, Juaquín Torres-García, Antonio Berni, Emiliano Di Cavalcanti, Jorge de la Vega, Tarsila do Amaral, Pedro Figari, Lygia Clark, Helio Oiticica, Liliana Porter, Guillermo Kuitca, José Bedia Valdés.

Restaurant

Interiors:

Hall

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5065
/imagen224mc1.jpg

Auditórium capacity 240 people

The mission of the MALBA is to collect, preserve, research and promote Latin American art from the onset of the 20th century to the present. This also involves educating the public to foster their knowledge in Latin American artists, in the diversity of cultural and artistic holdings in this region, sharing such responsibility both with the national and the international community./B]

-Argentine artist.

Oficial Site: http://www.malba.org.ar/web/

I hope you enjoyed the tour. !!

Bye :eek:kay:

·
After have seen all this pics, I think Buenos Aires its a lost european city in LatinAmerica. I would propose as a Capital of LatinAmerica

Massive pictures Kuzamama

Thanks

·
DownTowner
46 Posts
After have seen all this pics, I think Buenos Aires its a lost european city in LatinAmerica. I would propose as a Capital of LatinAmerica

Massive pictures Kuzamama

Thanks
Comments like these are what perpetuates Argentina's reputation in Latin America as the most arrogant country in the region. Not the best way to make friends.
Beautiful area, by the way.

3 Posts
Comments like these are what perpetuates Argentina's reputation in Latin America as the most arrogant country in the region. Not the best way to make friends.
Beautiful area, by the way.
No idea American countries didn't like us... Well is their problem hehehe (just joking)

I like Palermo many friends live in the area (not exactly Palermo chico tho) and just thinking how many areas does Palermo have now? that neighborhood is just too big I guess...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts