SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,325 Posts
I was in palermo during holidays 2 years ago :)

The city is special and they need a better stadium than the actual one.

From those renders it will be pretty

·
Registered
327 Posts
That is very nice! And so incredibly modern for an Italian stadium!

Hopefully the opening of the new Juve stadium will kick start the regeneration of Italian stadiums, and even Italian football. I grew up watching some fantastic Italian teams when I was younger, and would love to see an upturn in Italian football once more!

·
Registered
594 Posts
It would be good for the club, city an Sicily.
I assume that Unione Sportiva Città di Palermo would be the owner of the stadium.

Also good for a bid for a Euro 20.. in Italy

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Any detailed renders released? Anyway congratulations to Palermo and Italy fans. A little bigger capacity would have been better but the project announced is nice enough. Btw is it legally allowed for private clubs to possess their own stadium in Italy?

·
Registered
13,325 Posts
but i don't think palermo satdium is full in every game, several times when i see it on tv the stadium isn't half full. I'm not sure the actual average attendace pass 15000 people

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
They averaged 25k this season. Since they returned to Serie A about 6/7 seasons ago they've never averaged below 23k and in their first season back they actually averaged 33k. Given that new grounds usually see a bump in crowds (better facilities for neutrals, families and the corporate lot) I think 35k is achievable as long as they don't have a terrible season.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
but i don't think palermo satdium is full in every game, several times when i see it on tv the stadium isn't half full. I'm not sure the actual average attendace pass 15000 people
Don't see how this makes any difference. No Italian teams play to 95% capacity.

Attendances problems are down to dilapidated stadia, poor security, safety concerns and so on. Build a modern, safe, rectangular stadium in Palermo and you can easily attract 30,000+ people on a weekly basis. 35,000 is ideal. And as kerouac said, new stadiums see attendances rises; in a city where football is entrenched, this should be a given.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts