SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Travelor
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
EDIT:
Because I posted so many pictures at once, some of you have problems, a forumer wrote me that his system crashed when he opened my threads. So I will start the thread again, this time with only 5 pictures per post. I edited the first posts.

·
Travelor
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very interesting cinxxx ^^ for all your one day trips

(my sugestion for next one: Timisoara - Seged - Osijek.)
Thanks for the suggestion, I saw pictures of Osijek, it looks very nice. I've never been in Croatia, but I set myself the goal to visit all YUG-countries.

·
road builder
7,227 Posts
Well then, Osijek is the first on your way and it has some similarities with Timisoara (Fortress in the middle of the city and upper and lower town downstream the river.).

·
Travelor
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How did you like Subotica & Palic? :)
I was with my girlfriend and a colleague from work. But we didn't stay much only some hours, because we also had to get to Szeged and then back home.

We all liked them very much, heard pretty much Hungarian on the streets, I saw they are majority, but that multiculturalism reminded me also of Timisoara.

Subotica is a nice city, and Palic is wonderful, a great place for a vacation or a few days relaxation.

·
Travelor
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
In Palic

Palić (Serbian: Палић, Palić, Hungarian Palics, German: Palitsch) is a town in Serbia, 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from Subotica, and 18 kilometres (11 mi) from the border between Serbia and Hungary. It is a part of the Subotica Municipality, North Bačka District, autonomous province of Vojvodina. The town has a Hungarian ethnic majority and its population numbering 7,745 people (2002 census). Many tourists come to Palić every year because of the Palić lake. There are over 450 guest houses, and even a five-star hotel. It is known for its European film festival which takes place every summer. In 2008 the life achievement award was presented to the British film director Ken Loach.

·
Travelor
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
In Subotica

Subotica (Serbian Cyrillic: Суботица, About this sound listen (help•info), Hungarian: Szabadka) is a city and municipality in northern Serbia, in the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina. It is located at 46.07° North, 19.68° East, about 10 km from the border with Hungary.

Once the second largest town in Hungary and became also the second largest town in Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (1920) after the Treaty of Trianon. Contemporary Subotica is the second largest town of the Vojvodina region following Novi Sad and the fifth largest in Serbia after Belgrade, Novi Sad, Niš, Kragujevac. Among the most multiethnic cities in Serbia with a relative Hungarian majority, the city's population numbers 99,981 (according to the 2002 census). Likewise, today it is Serbia's fifth largest town, with the municipality of Subotica numbering 148,401 people. It is the administrative centre of the North Bačka District.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts