Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
about time! you all know the city started to go straight down the tubes when they put the Hancock up and had to turn off the beacon. the final straw was remving the building's bunny tail.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
^^^ Yeah, I wish we could tart up the skyline a notch or two (seriously), like HK.

I'm totally psyched about Palmolive. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wish they would do some kind of laser light show from all of the buildings, like other cities in the world do......showcase this skyline!!!
Amen! A nighttime skyline animated with lasers, searchlights, and bright, colorful exterior building lighting is a surreal sight to behold. It really takes the skyline up several notches, and when the skyline is as good as Chicago's it's hard to make it better, but lighting does the trick.

Come on Chicagoans! Get the ball rolling on this one. There sure is enough money, power, and capability for such an undertaking among downtown property owners.

Has anyone ever seen pics of Hong Kong's light show? It's amazing.

That beacon is kick ass, reminds of something out of Lord of the Rings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Amen! A nighttime skyline animated with lasers, searchlights, and bright, colorful exterior building lighting is a surreal sight to behold. It really takes the skyline up several notches, and when the skyline is as good as Chicago's it's hard to make it better, but lighting does the trick.

Come on Chicagoans! Get the ball rolling on this one. There sure is enough money, power, and capability for such an undertaking among downtown property owners.

Has anyone ever seen pics of Hong Kong's light show? It's amazing.

That beacon is kick ass, reminds of something out of Lord of the Rings.
I couldn't agree more, at least if not a special light show, then just so every building has some of sort of dramatic exterior lighting.

The one I hope to see one day is a lighting display on the Prudential building's old communication tower.

·
Formerly InTheLoop
485 Posts
I was up at North Avenue Beach on Wednesday night, took a few shots of the fireworks, but mostly wanted to get shots of the Lindbergh Beacon. I must say I was a bit disappointed. If it wasn't for the residual smoke from the fireworks, the beam would hardly be noticeable at all. I expected more.

Anyway, here are a few pics I took as I walked home (taking pictures) over the next few hours. I also included a couple of the Metropolitan Tower. I didn't know that it even had beacons until I got to the Michigan Avenue Bridge and saw the glow.

And the Metropolitan Tower from the Michigan Avenue Bridge (after midnight)...

You can barely see the west and south compass directionals.

There are a few more shots from Wed night on my flickr set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts