SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,396 Posts
He did not say they downsized.He said it is about 19 floors which is close to 20.He also said that the area plot ratio restricts the size.So the bigger the plot the taller the building.I know Upper Hill has more open space compared to Westands that is why they are taller
These are excuses in my opinion. I need to see the law about building heights and zones in Nairobi. For too long I've been told about these things but they seem mysteries to me, I need a source to demystify these fake theory.

· Registered
7,396 Posts
i don't know!and i haven't heard of any rule pertaing to height!even in upperhill it was the same story until Kidero decided to remove the law,it lead to downsizing of KCB and almost UAP which would have been 23 floors,also the proposed The One tower was made to 54 floors from 70.
We are just being taken for a ride about building heights, I don't stability, etc what not and what have you!! How special is Kenya on earth, Look at the Asian countries people are building crazy tall buildings, hapa watu wanakuambia sijui ... It's maddening. I need to see the law to believe this hogwash kind of law exists. Technology has been used to circumvent natural circumstances, look at Japan! We are just lazy and don't like to do research so we use excuses.

· Registered
7,396 Posts
DC also has a height restriction (buildings cannot be taller than th Washington monument) I guess because of security reasons....but why would Westlands have height restrictions....its not that close to State House.
DC's height restriction has nothing to do with security, it is about symbol of power in the Capitol. No building can be taller than the Capitol Building. The Capitol is the symbol of American democracy and power. Ours is a strange theory, in fact, there is no law about these things. I would like this myth to be busted!! We found this myth, grew up with it and continue to believe, but it's time to bust or prove it. Bring it on so we can see it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.