SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 3794 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, it's a bad picture cos I took it from my mobile phone on a moving DLR train, but to me this looks like they've actually started work on this within the last few days.

There's diggers and stuff digging things up and plots marked out on the ground and stuff.

Next week I'll be going past the site every day cos I'll have to get the DLR into work so I'll be able to tell if more work is going on or not then.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
excellent indeed - except its not called no.1 Millharbour, the official construction thread should really have the official name.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Pan Peninsula Tower? What fucked up committee came up with that name?

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I love the new name, its very 'Singapore', all new apartment blocks seem to have names, its part of the marketing strategy - the Ontario' tower for example - not so glamorous if it was called no.2 Manchester Road, attracting people to pay millions of pounds for penthouses requires creating a lifestyle image for potential buyers, though the inclusion of the word 'peninsula' is curious - apart from being the name of the best hotel in Bangkok, I'm not sure how it relates to the docklands area - unlike 'Ontario' which reflects the prevelant Canadian theme.

This was the view on Monday - a load of blue huts and a bit of activity, the diggers etc arrived this week

·
Registered
18,396 Posts
Where are these towers in relation to Riverside South towers, it looks to me they occupy the same space? :?

can someone please enlighten me :cheers:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I gathered these are south of the estate whilst Riverside South is to the west of the estate.

In this map you can see Millharbour Road coming off the bottom of the page and i think the arrow points roughly to the site of RS.

·
Registered
18,919 Posts
Jonny 5 said:
Pan Peninsula Tower? What fucked up committee came up with that name?
no doubt they wanted to conjure up an image of prawn cocktail starters and steak washed down with a healthy slice of black forest gateux just before the adventure begins; a 747 crashing through the cocktail lounge window or the shark tank leaking into the 50th floor simming pool? Take your pick... oh and you have a bad heart condition and your wife is pregnant

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I get the image of pans people dancing around a *****. Meh!

Anyway.............

1 - 20 of 3794 Posts