"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PANAMA CITY, PANAMA - A Collection of Web Images

View of skyline and bay from atop Ancon Hill

The towers of Punta Paitilla

View from the lush tropical rainforest of Metropolitan National Park

Obarrio International Banking Center

Marbella district (lower half) and Punta Paitilla (upper half) share this picture

Night falls on the bayfront promenade

El Cangrejo District

Hotels and condos characterize much of the highrises in this city

Sea-level view from Panama Bay

San Francisco District

Casco Viejo - Colonial Quarter

Casco Viejo (bottom), Panama Bay (middle) and modern city skyline (top)

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Central america's hidden gem, and it's nice to see those low rise neighborhoods that are rarely shown in Panama city threads.

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shafick said:
Nice pics... Panama is amazing

:cheers:
Nice to see you surfing away from your neighborhood. It's also safe to say that skyline photos appeal to everyone regardless of favorite forum.

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i.q.ninja said:
Do you have any night pictures?
No night pictures. You still havn't told me which war you were apologizing for in your post at the 7th. slot.

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tim de Bruijn said:
Panama city has a great skyline, but needs some more office towers though...
Just for you, here are a few office towers in the financial district.

Panama City currently has enough (not all seen here) office towers and would add as it becomes necessary. Given the city limits, rapid population growth, protection of the rainforest and watershed, vertical housing is of the essence.

·
"Hands of Stone"
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i.q.ninja said:
'89 Operation Just Cause.
That was no war. That was good old fashion yankee overkill. Instead of a surgical strike to get one man (Noriega), the "colateral damage" obliterated an entire city district - El Chorrillo (pictured at the top of this thread) and took several hundred innocent lives.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Panamaniac said:
That was no war. That was good old fashion yankee overkill. Instead of a surgical strike to get one man (Noriega), the "colateral damage" obliterated an entire city district - El Chorrillo (pictured at the top of this thread) and took several hundred innocent lives.
well I said sorry about the war and as well the one in El Salvador. The city is really great. I heart they are going make the cannel a free trade zone?

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
No Change No Future said:
Frankly, these pictures don't do justice to Panama, they're quite outdated and they don't really show the nicer parts of the city.
I second that!! ;)

·
Banned
96 Posts
Here more pictures, including a night one...

·
Banned
96 Posts
i.q.ninja said:
well I said sorry about the war and as well the one in El Salvador. The city is really great. I heart they are going make the cannel a free trade zone?
That's not very accurate. Actually, there is a Free Trade Zone, the Colon Free Trade Zone, but it was founded very time ago, and it's the second biggest in the whole world, next to Hong Kong.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts