3. Rainbow Bridge:

4. Hazy Shinjuku:

5. The city is huge!

6. Sunshine City:

7. From City Hall:

8. From Saint Luke's Garden:

9. From WTC:

11. From Fuji TV Building:

More pictures can be found on my website or click here.

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
In my opinion, Tokyo has a completely underwhelming skyline. For a city that possesses the largest population in the world, I find the skyline a complete letdown. Awesome panos though.

·
\Attituded\
2,072 Posts
In my opinion, Tokyo has a completely underwhelming skyline. For a city that possesses the largest population in the world, I find the skyline a complete letdown. Awesome panos though.
You cant blame them for not building tall skyscrapers. It is an earthquake zone, and nobody wants to die due to collapse of tall builings durng an earthquake.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Great pictures. I'm a little surprised that there aren't a ton of skyscrapers at the waterfront like there are at other places in Tokyo. Is Shinjuku an area of Tokyo, or a separate city?
That's because the waterfront area is quite close to Haneda Airport, so height restriction is strict. Shinjuku in no way has "a ton of skyscrapers", but does have a lot of tall ones, at least by Japanese standard.

·
Needs more Tokyo!
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all! :)

Great pictures. I'm a little surprised that there aren't a ton of skyscrapers at the waterfront like there are at other places in Tokyo. Is Shinjuku an area of Tokyo, or a separate city?
Shinjuku is basically an area, but in the end, Tokyo is basically a lot of cities grown together over time. Tokyo doesnt have one distinctive skyline since all of the city centers have their own skylines.

·
Todo lo que ves es mio
4,172 Posts
Tokio is Wonderful

1 - 20 of 20 Posts