SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
122,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just completed a week-long visit to Paris. Here is a sneak preview of the over 1 gigabytes of photos I took during my latest trip to Europe.

Trip Comments

I had a lot of good food in Paris. Not all of it was super expensive though. My breakfast usually consists of pain au chocolat (80 cents) while some more delicious dinners include a smoke salmon salad and carpaccio boeuf & saulmon. Wine was extremely cheap. A big bottle at the supermarket costed as low as 2 euros. Desserts were magnificent.

And I was more than delighted when I understood their French and they understood my French. :)

I visited the Eiffel Tower first thing in the morning on this beautiful clear day. Although it was hazy towards the south, I had previously gone up the Tour Montparnasse on another sunny day to cover that territory so I wasn't very upset over the lack of visibility. There was a huge lineup at the base, but I was able to get to the top level within 30 minutes of arrival.

This is just a small sample of about 200 photos I took from the top level.

A lot more photos to come in my Paris series. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
84 Posts
North American cities should be building bouldevards like that, not highways. Highways should be for travel between cities. Paris is still one of the 2 best models for urbanism, along with NYC.

·
Premium Member
16,252 Posts
Great pictures indeed.

You're not a big eater, are you?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Wow, nice pics! I can't wait for the next ones!
Did you go to Brussels finally, like you planned?

·
122,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
snot said:
Wow, nice pics! I can't wait for the next ones!
Did you go to Brussels finally, like you planned?
Yes! I made it to Brussels on Thalys. It's quite amazing how fast the train was travelling when it easily passed the cars and trucks on the highway next to the tracks. I'll have an extensive Brussels series in the coming days.

·
122,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
vincent said:
is there a time limits on how long u can stay there?
No. You can take your time walking up the stairs to the 2nd observation level. The admission is much lower than the elevator. Even with the elevator ride to the 3rd and top observation level, there is no set time limit to stay there. However, I suggest visiting first thing in the morning to avoid the long ticket queues.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Amazing pics, hkskyline

I myself went on a week-long trip to Paris during my Easter break and took some photos, though not as good as yours, though to be fair on myself we didn't have such bright days. I loved Paris, I've been to cities in Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France and the UK. My personal favourite is still Vienna, but Paris is a very close second.

btw, can someone help me with showing my pics here? They're on imagestation and I dont know how to put them here.

·
122,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had a mix of good and bad weather. I'm showing my good weather photos right now but it was cloudy for several days and I got rained out in Switzerland.

You can host your photos for free at Imageshack with no account signups or limits.

·
Registered
73 Posts

I will attempt to identify the places the pictures were taken. Correct me if I'm mistaken in places names.
1. Taken during a late lunch. This Place is just off the Boulevarde Saint Germaine
2. This was taken from our hotel room's balcony. We stayed at the Hotel Concorde Saint Lazare, near the Gare Saint Lazare.
3. Taken on the way back to the hotel after having visited Notre Dame. Overlooking the river Sien (spelling?) Notre Dame to our left.
4. A few bridges ahead of the one in picture#3.
5. Near the bridge in picture#4, I THINK its the Place de la Bastille?
6. Tried to get both the Eiffel Tower and the Avenue de Champs Elysee in this. Taken from near the Arc de Triomphe de la Carrousel
7. Taken on the Rue de Rivoli. I just love taxis in Paris! However, they have put me off buying any Mercedes in the future
8. Nice cathedral at the top of Boulevarde St Germaine
9. Taken from the park near the Palais du Louvre
10. Place de Condorde
11. Basilique de Sacre Coeur
12. My favourite pic...taken in the Place de Venome
13. Place de Concorde
14. Basilique de Sacre Coeur, taken from inside the Galeries La Fayette Haussmann.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts