SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
121,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paris has quite a number of high vantage points besides the typical Eiffel Tower and La Tour Montparnasse. In addition to the photos of Notre Dame and Arc de Triomphe in previous parts, here is a free vantage point easily accessible in Rive Droite.

Guess where this place is! http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=216951

Although Paris has a very interesting streetscape, building heights are quite uniform throughout the old city with some landmarks popping up here and there.

This vantage point is not open all the time. It is closed on Sundays.

Other Paris Threads
Part 1 : La Tour Eiffel | Part 2 : La Défense | Part 3 : Montmartre & Sacre Coeur | Part 4 : Notre Dame | Part 5 : Gare du Nord | Part 6 : Louvre |
Part 7 : Gare de Lyon | Part 8 : Beautiful Street Scenes
Part 9 : Ile de la Cité | Part 10 : Plus de La Défense | Part 11 : Versailles
Part 12 : Arc de Triomphe |
Part 13 : Pompidou

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
^ Ya that's the Opéra Garnier (from Phantom of the Opéra, no? HEHE). The back looks very different from the front. It is among my 5 favorite buildings in Paris.

Awesome shots and perspective hksyline. I don't think I've ever seen them captured before.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
hk your one foreigner giving so many beautiful pics of paris thanks. never saw that opera

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
kony said:
by the way, where were you when u took THIS shot ??? were u aboard an helicopter or whatever ??
oh i got it now, you were on the roof of the Department stores...at first i thought the side of the Madeleine church that we see on that pix was the one side seen from the Place de la concorde square...but actually it's the opposite side ;)

·
121,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, the Printemps rooftop terrace has quite a nice view. I saw signs at neighboring Lafayette about a rooftop observation area as well, but I visited late in the day and they were about to close so I couldn't go up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts