1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
122,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,443 Posts

nice pix.

did u , by any chances, captured the smoke getting out of the big fire that killed 25 people in a hotel close to the opera district ?

this occured on the 15th of april...that smoke on your pix seem to be located in the opera district...very impressive, and sad.

·
122,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought it was odd to see so much black smoke on a weekend. The photos were taken on the 16th, so I presume the hotel was still smoldering for a day after the fire?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
OMG...i was wondering the same thing! At first I wondered if it was some polluting factory or something but seeing that it looks like it was coming from somewhere inside Paris I told myself it could not be that, but more like a fire, like the one that we all heard about.

Putting that sad moment aside, nice pix once again !!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
edubejar said:
OMG...i was wondering the same thing! At first I wondered if it was some polluting factory or something but seeing that it looks like it was coming from somewhere inside Paris I told myself it could not be that, but more like a fire, like the one that we all heard about.

Putting that sad moment aside, nice pix once again !!!

No it's not the hotel. The fire wouldn't be so big (and it lasted only a couple hours during the night) It's a factory for plastics just outside Paris. There was a technical incident which was harmless but caused a lot of smoke

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
benmabillon said:
No it's not the hotel. The fire wouldn't be so big (and it lasted only a couple hours during the night) It's a factory for plastics just outside Paris. There was a technical incident which was harmless but caused a lot of smoke
i seriously doubt that...i never heard in the news of a factory which burned outside of paris at this period...are u sure ?

·
Registered
386 Posts
kony said:
i seriously doubt that...i never heard in the news of a factory which burned outside of paris at this period...are u sure ?
The Fire was in Bezons. I had not heard of it either but Cyril (who is highly reliable) mentioned it on the French Forum and provided a picture where you can see that the fire clearly doesn't come from le quartier de l'Opéra.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts