Skyscraper City Forum banner
5321 - 5340 of 7085 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
An old MP89 train passed through the Château d'Eau station today!

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
An old MP89 train passed through the Château d'Eau station today!

No no no, that is NOT an MP 89, either that is an MP 73, or more than likely an MF 67. What direction was it going?

It's not necessarily uncommon for MF 67s to move through Line 4, nor is it uncommon for MF 77s to move through Line 4. More so the MF 77 due to its heavy maintenance base being at Saint Ouen.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Sorry, I meant "an old MP59". But actually, it's not. As you said, I think it's a MF67 but I'm not quite sure since it's pretty hard to read the number at the back of the train.

Reactions: HARTride 2012

·
Ars longa, vita brevis
9,502 Posts
Porte de Champerret (L3, "my" line) :

The frequentation of this station is quite low ; however it's the last station of several important bus lines.
I really like coming by bus to the Porte de Champerret, some of the streets around are gorgeous - I especially like passing by bus along the slightly historicist row-houses on boulevard Berthier.

·
17,187 Posts
The frequentation of this station is quite low ; however it's the last station of several important bus lines.
It is not that low, Porte de Champeret had 3,595,140 entries in 2014.
That's over 20,000 passengers per workday, it is not at the top but not at the bottom.

No no no, that is NOT an MP 89, either that is an MP 73, or more than likely an MF 67. What direction was it going?

It's not necessarily uncommon for MF 67s to move through Line 4, nor is it uncommon for MF 77s to move through Line 4. More so the MF 77 due to its heavy maintenance base being at Saint Ouen.
In my opinion, it could be transfer of a MF 67 from line 9 to line 12.
There is no direct track connection between line 9 and line 12, MF 67 have to pass through line 10 and 4 to reach line 12.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Line 4 is being extended, correct?

Oh boy, do I have a vid for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4bmZ1gRqCc
If anything, all that vid proves is that the British system should be universal and everyone should speak English, not US English, as their first language. :troll:

@Minato ku - Any idea what's going to replace the demolished building?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nearly 9km!!!:eek:mg:

Or is it 8,850mm?

This label represents the "Kilometrage" from the origin of Line 3, presently "Gallieni". This label is then positionnel at 8.85 km from Gallieni "point O" (I don't know the exact location of this point in Gallieni) or former "Porte des Lilas "point 0", when the line was not yet extended at Gallieni.
Reconciliation with Google earth doesn't give the same figure, but it's close.
Anybody to confirm ?

·
17,187 Posts
^^ There are more than 10 km between Gallieni and Porte de Champerret, same between Porte des Lilas and Porte de Champerret .
8.8 km is more like the distance between Porte de Champerret and Gambetta.

A new building with an entrance of the station.
Note that this rendering does not show how the building will be exactly.
Verdun Sud

This is quite a feat. How does that even get its way to the display?
Someone stuck these false plans in trains.

·
I Love Rien!
660 Posts
If anything, all that vid proves is that the British system should be universal and everyone should speak English, not US English, as their first language. :troll:

The British system is illogical. The Metric System (French) is the best for the moment. I think we should all just learn Esperanto.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
The British system is illogical. The Metric System (French) is the best for the moment.
The video had nothing to do with systems of measurement, but how we count and write numbers. The French system of counting isn't metric, but the English system is (save for eleven and twelve, and going three-ten, etc rather than ten-three, etc in the teens).

While French units of measure are 'better' than the 'illogical' British ones because of the consistant base, why, when counting, did the French keep soixante-dix, quatre-vingts and quatre-vingt-dix rather than bring in septante, huitante and nonante like the Swiss did? Given that the Revolutionaries went as far as to try and metricate time, it's odd that they didn't metricate numbers. :lol:

Also 21, 31, 41, 51 and 61 are in the format twenty-and-one in French, with 71 being sixty-and-eleven, while every other number between 20 and 99 not needing an 'et' after the tens column.

un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf, dix, dix-un, dix-deux, dix-trois, dix-quatre, dix-cinq, dix-six, dix-sept, dix-huit, dix-neuf, vingt, vignt-un, vingt-deux ... soixante-neuf, septante, septante-un ... huitante ... nonante ... cent, cent-un ...

Welsh takes it to the next level, going one-ten-one for eleven, nine-ten for ninety, etc.

5321 - 5340 of 7085 Posts