Skyscraper City Forum banner
5501 - 5520 of 7092 Posts

·
17,186 Posts
The driver need to push a button to start the train after the closure of the door.
Only the closure of the doors and the starting after the stop on station is controlled by the driver (by pushing a button).
On the other hand if the train stop in a tunnel because a red light, the train will start to move automatically (no action are needed from the driver).

Note that even during automatic operation (ATO), dead man's switch are still operating. So drivers are not doing nothing even if they don't control the train.
Only driverless line can have train operating without a driver inside (line 1 and 14) on service with passengers.

Montparnasse - Bienvenüe
Another video with my camera, taken this morning.

·
Registered
779 Posts
^^Hey! My local metro station. :)

Yeah, they have begun renovating it - like selected other stations in the Parisian metro network. I guess (?) that on line 4 it has become a bit more urgent, with work toward driver-less service to commence along the line in the not-too-distant future.

·
17,186 Posts
^^Hey! My local metro station. :)

Yeah, they have begun renovating it - like selected other stations in the Parisian metro network. I guess (?) that on line 4 it has become a bit more urgent, with work toward driver-less service to commence along the line in the not-too-distant future.
I hope that they will keep the Ouï-dire style for Alésia.
The station was not in bad state (at least visually). I understand that they have some problem with water infiltration but it was not noticable visually unlike many other stations.
Some stations that have been renovated recently like République. :eek:hno:

Château Rouge
Renovation work

I have already written about Chateau Rouge renovation (post #5239). It is more that just a cosmetic change, they are enlarging the station to cope with the current traffic. The ticket hall is really undersized.
For the moment at the entrance, they have given up, it's free entrance. :lol:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I hope that they will keep the Ouï-dire style for Alésia.
The station was not in bad state (at least visually). I understand that they have some problem with water infiltration but it was not noticable visually unlike many other stations.
Yeah, I've also been told about the water problem, and I take their word for it. But, as you said, it hasn't been particularly visible - unlike for example Raspail where water p***es through the ceiling when it rains. I also agree about maintaining the old style. Or more specifically: either that or a total architectural redecoration. Ad-hoc changes and add-ons have rarely yielded anything good.

·
17,186 Posts
Thank you, Minato ku! :)

Since yesterday 5:38 pm
is completely suspended due to a technical incident. Passengers were stuck in trains up to 2,5 hours!

https://t.co/BAd2aZfnaa

Update:

is now back in service since 8:54 am.
We have more explanation about what happened

http://www.leparisien.fr/info-paris-ile-de-france-oise/transports/panne-de-la-ligne-1-le-gros-couac-du-metro-automatique-24-01-2016-5480191.php

1. Friday at 4:55 p.m, the computer system for data transmission between the central command post of the line and the trains fails.
    Trains no longer receive driving information.
  2. The failure is automatically detected and the electric power is cut.
    Trains stop.
  3. At 18 hours after trying to repair the system, RATP began the evacuation of passengers stranded in tunnels.
    The operation will last until 7:30 p.m.
  4. Saturday at 8:30 am, line 1 reopens to passengers after two hours of circulation without passengers to test reliability of repairs.

Of the 41 trains on service at the time of the breakdown, 16 trains were in tunnels and 25 trains were in stations.

·
17,186 Posts
Grand Paris Express: work for Fort d'Issy-Vanves-Clamart station

Fort d'Issy-Vanves-Clamart : The station will be built at the junction of the municipalities of Issy, Vanves, Clamart and Malakoff. It will be located under the tracks and the parking of the current Clamart suburban rail station. The underground networks deviations operations are now complete: the civil work can begin.

The demolitions, a necessary step before the construction of the station

The preparatory work of 15 South line continues with the upcoming demolition of some townhouses Clos Montholon (No. 11b, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 54), on the site of the future Fort d'Issy-Vanves-Clamart station. On the other side of the tracks, the demolition of the former marchandises hall will take place at the first quarter 2016.

Once the space freed, Société du Grand Paris will begin the construction of the station from the surface.

http://www.issy.com/fortdissy/grand-paris-express--les-travaux-sur-la-gare-du-fort-ont-commence

·
17,186 Posts
Northern extension

The two TBM of the extension of line 14 are now launched on the first two sections of the tunnel.
Magaly, the first TBM is digging towards Saint-Lazare and Solenne, the second TBM is digging to Mairie de Saint-Ouen.

Here an interactive map showing their progressions.

http://www.prolongerligne14-mairie-saint-ouen.fr/carte-interactive/

·
Fourbe des collines
23,120 Posts

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
I don't post much on here anymore due to other priorities. However, I wanted to point out that the Paris Metro Simulator has been updated again and now includes the entire Line 7b.

Oddly enough though, the simulator blog has not been properly updated.

Here I used the MF 01, but the MF 88 is also available to use. It shakes if you drive it at or over 20kph.

·
17,186 Posts
After the line 1, it is the line 13 that had a big breakdown last Thursday.

A technical fault on the data transmission network between the central command post of the line 13 and the stations generated a succession of incidents on the line, including difficulties in supplying power traction zones at terminus and the inability to control the change of routes from the central command post.

http://scope.ratp.fr/interruption-de-trafic-sur-la-ligne-13-le-jeudi-4-fevrier-2016/

5501 - 5520 of 7092 Posts