SkyscraperCity banner

6621 - 6640 of 6661 Posts

·
Sister Greed U
38,137 Posts
It feels very claustrophobic in these old metrio stations. Im not a big fan of PSD.
You'd like them better if you used line 4 everyday during the morning rush.

Line 4 without platform doors had become dangerous, too many people crammed in narrow platforms.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Do we know if some kind of special treatment will be applied to Cité when it comes to the platform doors ? It's a quite beautiful station and I'm afraid the doors are they are will completely destroy its look.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Do we know if some kind of special treatment will be applied to Cité when it comes to the platform doors ? It's a quite beautiful station and I'm afraid the doors are they are will completely destroy its look.
Both Saint-Michel and Cité are very similar. So Minato ku's photo pretty much answers the question. Now this being said, The vault is so tall that I'm not sure it's that disturbing.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
There is a collection of RATP historical rolling stocks at Villeneuve-Saint-Georges (metro, RER, bus, tram, trolley). It can be visited occasionally and it's really great.

Here's a short video showing the M1 (first Paris metro rolling stock) and MP51 (first rubber-tyred rolling stock). Sorry it's in French but what the guy says isn't that interesting and you can still appreciate the images.

Reactions: stockholm79

·
17,056 Posts
After Saint-Michel, it will be Porte de Clignancourt followed by Cite.
Installation already began at Porte de Clignancourt with the panels on the extremities (not yet any doors).
Last station to fitted will be Porte d'Orleans.

Minato_ku, aside of Saint-Michel and Vavin, how many stations on line 4 are on a bend?
There are five curved stations on line 4.
From south to north : Denfert - Rocheaux, Vavin, Saint-Michel, Cité, Barbès - Rochechouart.
And on line 13, how many stations have platform edge doors?
There are 13 stations with platform doors on line 13.
All stations in the central section between Montparnasse - Bienvenue and Place de Clichy (10 stations).
The southern terminal station Châtillon - Montrouge (automatic train reversal) and two stations in Saint-Denis.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
There are 13 stations with platform doors on line 13.
All stations in the central section between Montparnasse - Bienvenue and Place de Clichy (10 stations).
The southern terminal station Châtillon - Montrouge (automatic train reversal) and two stations in Saint-Denis.
So it still makes sense to consider line 13 to become the 3rd line to be converted to driverless service, even though it's steel-wheeled.

I believe it's still reasonable to expect the first steel-wheeled driverless service to open by 2025 (either lines 16, 17 currently planned for 2024 or line 15). All this to say that it doesn't sound totally irrational to imagine line 13 being converted by 2030. We'll see.

Reactions: stockholm79
6621 - 6640 of 6661 Posts