SkyscraperCity banner

6781 - 6800 of 6836 Posts

·
Sister Greed U
39,043 Posts
End of year but i think early 2021 at maximum
At urbanrail.net they say December 14 2020, and judging by the Pont Cardinet pics, I believe it.
2021 must be for Porte de Clichy, I suppose...

Btw, the other day I was watching a cab ride of the Transilien L (Versailles branch), and I was quite surprised to see the HUGE number of passengers waiting for it at Pont Cardinet.
With the link to line 14 and the metro in general, I think this station will explode with new passengers.
Right now it's one of the few intra-muros Paris railway stations without connection to the metro.
(The others are Rosa Parks, Avenue Henri Martin, Luxembourg, Port Royal, and Cité Universitaire)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't live in France and I haven't been on the MP14s, but two things that I'm not a fan of is the seating in the very front/rear of the train and the positioning of the information screens within the car.

For the seating, the blue seats that have 3 and 3 facing each other have very tight legroom and no standing space compared to the MP89s and MP05s. I guess whatever components they have against the walls that cause the seats to go that far into the center of the car is causing that, but in my opinion, those components should've been installed in other locations to provide as much space in the car as possible.

For the information screens, there are 4 screens in each car, but they are placed completely symmetric across from each other. If you break the car down into 4 parts, they are placed in the 1st quartile (near the bellow) and in the 3rd quartile (over the door/orange seats on the opposite end of the car) depending on the direction the car. Would've been nice if on the left side of the car, the screens could be in the 1st and 3rd quartiles, and on the right side of the car; the screens in the 2nd and 4th quartiles, so the displays can be staggered and allow more people to read it no matter where they are standing in the car. This set up limits who can see the information screens within the car. On the Northern section of the train, the screens closer to the bellows are on the south side of the car, and on the southern section of the train, the screens closer to the bellows are on the north side of the car. If anyone has been observant enough, they would notice that the cars are in a 5x3 configuration rather than a 4x4 configuration, so the 5th car in the Saint Lazare direction / 4th car in the Olympiades direction should be turned around for symmetric purposes. The first and last cars have exceptions in seating arrangements/screens for ADA reasons, and therefore a screen is placed on the window opposite of the ADA section.

Nonetheless, it's a beautiful train, just those two complaints should've been more thought out in my opinion, especially the seating arrangements.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Those walls seem to be high and they are fixed at seiling only at some points. How do they come along with side collisions or vandalism. They must be fixed very stronly on the platform. Also I´m interested, if rescuw forces like fire-brigade have a special way to open all PSD if a train is on fire. I know there is a EN regulation in advanced working stage, maybe influenced by french experiences with PSD. Are there emergency openings if a train does not stop correctly at the doors?

·
Super Moderator
5,587 Posts
I see that the extension of Line 11 from Rosny-Bois-Perrier to Noisy-Champs is not shown on the UrbanRail.net map of Paris. Are there other planned extension that are not there? Some seem like logical next steps, like Line 12 to Issy, or Line 7 to Bourget.
The extension towards Noisy-Champs is postponed sine die and is likely to be cancelled. Otherwise, there are quite a few other extensions not shown which are at a more or less advanced stage. In a distant future :
  • M3 towards Bécon-les-Bruyères and further
  • M4 to Mairie de St-Ouen (St-Denis Pleyel could be an option too)
  • M5 towards Drancy
  • M10 to St-Cloud station
  • M12 to La Courneuve 6 Routes
  • M13 beyond the northern terminus if the line is one day desaturated

More in the short-term, the next extensions are likely to be these ones :
  • M7 to Le Bourget
  • M9 to Montreuil Hôpital
  • M10 to Ivry-Gambetta and later to Les Ardoines
  • M12 to Meudon via Issy

6781 - 6800 of 6836 Posts