2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

1x UEFA Cup Winners' Cup:

as a french user already mentioned in another thread

it would be great for the stadium

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great pix!

So this is 6 meters and not 0.7 as people said.
Now I understand better.

But is this a project as other or do this fullfill the ambitions of the club's new owners.
If this prject is actually real, how much time will it take to be accomplished?
I've heard in could be done in the summer.

Anyway, it looks fantastic.

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes
Besiktas do the same thing
they even amde it at all stands
and it took 5 months or something

·
Registered
149 Posts
It seems rubgy would be ousted with this configuration.

But who cares? big rugby games in Paris always occur on the Stade de France.

The parc des Prince definitly IS PSG's home.

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think Rugby will be in the Stade de France??!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
No, that's not what I mean.

PAris football club use the Parc des Princes.

PAris Rugby club NEVER USE the parc des princes. Its bigger matches, such as against archrivals toulouse (thanks french private TV who promote heavily those bouts) , are delocated from its small stadium down south to the huge Stade de France.
There's talk to build a stadium dedicated to rugby next to the parc des princes, it would be 20.0000.

wathever, only know that:
PARIS RUGBY CLUB DON'T AND NEVER WILL USE THE STADE DE FRANCE AS ITS REGULAR VENUE.

·
Tax avoider
24,117 Posts
The Parc des Princes will host a number of games in the Rugby World Cup next year, and Stade Francais sometimes use it for European Cup games, so it's a shame that it will no longer be available, after hosting some memorable games in the past...

·
Registered
149 Posts
You're right to correct me.
PArc des prince is scheduled to host games at RWC and le stade français used to have big games in it before going to Stade de France.

With the new configuration, it will be hard for rugby as, if you look at the picture above, even the football pitch will be reduced in size.

·
Let's dance in style!
572 Posts
It looks great! I'd also like to know if this is soon to become reality or if it is another "soon to be never built" project.
The stadium is not property of the team but the property of the city of PAris, I don't know who will fund this project even if it seems that the new bosses plan to invest lot of money and build a big big big club.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am sorry but the Parc des princes is really starting to show its age. i dont think PSG shouldn't wast there time with updating it. Mabye they dont have alot of money true. But they should try and save up so they can make a better stadium thats more worthy for the club. I am sorry but to me france is one of the worst countries for stadiums(except the stade De France ohhhh my god one word perfect) next to italy. They should build a new stadium thats just my point.

·
Super Moderator
11,283 Posts
Rugby games will be played at the proposed reconstruction of the Jean Bouin stadium, which is the Parc's little brother, it's right across the street.
Lagardere has a plan for it, he wants to create a giant sport arena for rugby, etc.
Although I think that Capital Colony will want to do it all their way on how to deal with the Parc and the neighborhood.
What I would love is for Colony Capital, who is already building the 185m T1 tower in La Defense, builts a hotel tower next to the Parc.

·
Let's dance in style!
572 Posts
It's sure, Gecko, that Parc des Princes is an old stadium.

But everybody in France and particulary Paris love this stadium because of it's history.
Also you have to understand is that PSG players, fans and everybody else inside the club FEEL HOME here. The club office has just been built alongside the stadium
Even if someone can find it old (which is right) or ugly (which is wrong),
the infrastructures (confort, pitch view & everything else) are very good. It's rated 4 stars by UEFA.
It's a little bit like old trafford which looks old, is not very beautiful but has everything needed inside to make it a fantastic stadium.
We're lghtyears away from PSG moving.

Parc des Prince is not dead yet, believe me.

·
Let's dance in style!
572 Posts
What I fear the most is the reduce of the pitch. I don't know if it could have negative effect for the PSG.

·
Banned
292 Posts
I really love this stadium,,, old??? maybe but still a great venue,,, since I knew of it existance in the 1998 world cup, when was my second favorite stadium,,,

i can see that now the stands will be much closer to the field, so will be great for the athmosphere.

with this new increase in capacity it will break the 50,000 mark, so my question is, could it be rated as a 5 star UEFA stadium????

paris could be the second city with 2 stadiums in that category.

·
Tax avoider
24,117 Posts
I think he meant "which is the other city?". Hampden Park and Ibrox in Glasgow are both 5-star stadia.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I absolutely love the Parc de Princes. The colouring & the design are fantastic, and from the media I've seen the PSG fans really do make an atmosphere in there (such a shame they keep fighting with each other). So I'm glad to hear it's going to be expanded but still keeping it's appearance.

Looking at the picture, it looks like the slope of the seating behind the goals won't give a particularly good view, though.

·
Let's dance in style!
572 Posts
It's up to UEFA to rate stadium.

whatever with this improvment the parc des prince will be the hottest place in france for a team stadium..... until marseille encloses, covers and expands its velodrome, which is not for the immediate future.

We're in the good path to finally have an half dozen of excellent stadiums

1 - 20 of 919 Posts