why is paris building skyscrapers when Frances economy is in such a mess
Spiritual & Cultural Russian Orthodox Center - Jean-Michel Wilmotte - 7th arrondissement of Paris
Source : http://www.wilmotte.com/fr/projet/galerie/316/Centre-spirituel-et-culturel-orthodoxe-russe-Perspectives
Source : http://www.devisubox.com/dv/dv.php5?pgl=Project/interface&dv_project_sProjectName=eglise_russe
Exemple de recladding proposé par VBNB, Barué-Boutet Associés et Olivier Brouard.
Unusual in paris intra-muros: two new individual houses (bd Richard-Lenoir, 11th)
And a lot of big programs in Ivry/Vitry along the D5:
In front of the parisian cemetery of Ivry:
And another sample near Macval:
State of the tower projects planned for La Defense:
- Tour Trinity (161m): The site preparation has begun, currently the construction and architecture companies are in a negotiation phase which should end in June, and construction is planned to begin in August-Septembre.
- Tours Hermitage Plaza (320m x2): Last legal battles should end in the summer, If this happens according to plan, destruction of Les Damiers residential complex will begin in septembre/ octobre of this year, and construction of the towers will begin directly after.
- Tour Air2 (203m): Demolition of Aurore tower is planned to begin before the end of the year (although it has been pushed back previously).
- Tour Hekla (220m): The rose de cherbourg is a precursor to the Hekla tower project and has begun. The re-routing of the traffic has begun, and the public spaces layout should begin in 2016. The Hekla tower has submitted its application for a building permit this month. The expected delivery date of the tower is programmed for 2020.
- Tour M2 Saint-Gobain (174m): officially, the construction should begin in 2016…
- Tour Phare (297m): All legal battles have ended in favour of the project, the only remaining obstacle is the mayor of the neighbouring town that is against the temporary destruction of a bridge between La Defense and Courbevoie. The project is in a very critical position right now as the developer only has 2-3 years to commercialise and then begin construction of the tower before the construction permit expires. Furthermore the developer is about to start building another tower (Trinity) very close to phare which may hinder the commercialisation of Phare.
- Tour Alto (150m): Construction was pushed back to 2016 due to legal battles about the already overcrowded metro station close to the tower, and the shape and height of the building which will cast a large shadow on one side and overheat the ground level on the other side. construction was originally planned for 2014.
- Tour Ava (140m): Project pushed back to 2016 due to legal battles.
A rough map I made of all of these projects using Google Maps:
Blue: Towers or buildings
White: Slab at the D2 tower level
Beige: Slab at the esplanade level
Orange: Stairs or escalators
A proposal for Reinventer Paris