Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Park Central

Park Central Exclusive one, two and three bedroom apartments are designed to take advantage of the developments captivating setting, while also providing comfort, luxury and modern convenience.

Positioned at the convergence if two of the city's main transport arteries yet facing the Nairobi National Park, park central boasts the rare combination of connectivity and timeless view that few properties can advocate. Investors are expected to make substantial capital gain on the residences especially given the development is likely to completely redefine this neighborhood.

Registered
What a fail. Nairobi needs proper zoning laws. Building tall buildings this close to the park? Next someone else will build another another tower next to it and so on. Then the park will be pushed further away for further development. Why can鈥檛 they build in westlands, upper hill, cbd etc?

Registered
What a fail. Nairobi needs proper zoning laws. Building tall buildings this close to the park? Next someone else will build another another tower next to it and so on. Then the park will be pushed further away for further development. Why can鈥檛 they build in westlands, upper hill, cbd etc?
Don't see a problem with this. We have other properties like Olesereni and other residential properties at the border of the park. As long as they don't encroach because the park border is fenced there is no problem. The selling point of this property is a free view of wildlife. It will be great if we see similar development save for the Wilson landing section. This should be followed by better roads in South C.

Registered
^^Bro the comparison isn鈥檛 fair. There are no wildlife In The Central Park and there were none when they were building it at first. Plus we pride ourselves that we have the only city with a real and natural wildlife park within its boundaries. You sure know what that means. So I wouldn鈥檛 compare these two as you are trying.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think this is the way forward for residential projects in Nairobi, highrises...considering how limited space has become.

The quality is great but the prices are not that bad, with a starting price of 6.5m (I'm guessing the 1 bedroom)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think its fine as long as the construction doesn't go into the park, there's actually some decent distance between this location and the park considering there's the highway between them.

Registered
Im more concerned about the sprawl. It makes it harder to develop and improve infrastructure, plus eats in the agricultural land(kiambu) and wildlife gems(kitengela &athiriver). There is plenty of under utilized land in upperhill, westi, kilimani, cbd , ngara eastleigh, etc. I guess this locatoon is no far out, bu we ought to come up with laws that makes it expensive to have under utilized & idle land in these areas at the same time encourage massive developments through taxes and zoning laws. I believe its easier and more economical to develop infrastructure eg roads,drainge, water and metro for a smaller denser city. I could be wrong

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
^^ You're right but the challenge is the cost, for the residential highrises to remain concentrated in Upper Hill, CBD or Westy it means the prices will stay high and unreachable for mid-lower earners, I don't mind a few of these coming up in areas adjacent to the ''big 3'' areas'

Registered
^^Bro the comparison isn鈥檛 fair. There are no wildlife In The Central Park and there were none when they were building it at first. Plus we pride ourselves that we have the only city with a real and natural wildlife park within its boundaries. You sure know what that means. So I wouldn鈥檛 compare these two as you are trying.
Central Park has its own wildlife suitable to the American climate.

You can find coyotes, raccoons, deer, foxes, skunks etc.

Registered
^^ You're right but the challenge is the cost, for the residential highrises to remain concentrated in Upper Hill, CBD or Westy it means the prices will stay high and unreachable for mid-lower earners, I don't mind a few of these coming up in areas adjacent to the ''big 3'' areas'
If they have hefty property taxes for idle land and smaller buildings, the prices would drop/atleast stabalize and some of these properties will be accessible to mid lower too.Check out areas like madaraka, ngara and "downtown" cbd. So ripe for redevelopment

Registered

Park Central

Park Central Exclusive one, two and three bedroom apartments are designed to take advantage of the developments captivating setting, while also providing comfort, luxury and modern convenience.

Positioned at the convergence if two of the city's main transport arteries yet facing the Nairobi National Park, park central boasts the rare combination of connectivity and timeless view that few properties can advocate. Investors are expected to make substantial capital gain on the residences especially given the development is likely to completely redefine this neighborhood.

Nice :cheers:

Registered

Park Central

Looks good, who's the architect/developer for this?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts