SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LAL | LAD | LAK
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It should be demolished and turned into a large park. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
i feel like i said that years ago... and extend the park east all the way to wilton. it would be like our own central park and it can be surrounded with skyscrapers and rail transit

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Park La Brea should be expanded continuing dense affordable housing along Wilshire. I love Park La Brea as it was a semi-quasi experiment in public housing in LA.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts
Le Cobrusier's ideas of dense highrises were floating around in the 20's. Park La Brea was built in part in the 40's so not too long after. Only a few of these type of residential self-contained highrise parks were built in the US with Park La Brea being one of them. I would suggest that whole swaths of the Valley be turned into this type of development.

·
Registered
18,624 Posts
Seems likely the Park La Brea people were aware of Le Corbusier. In any event, it's a little boring architecturally but they make occasional attempts to update and add some height and density.

I would call it about the least problem in that part of town. The real issue is density along Wilshire, Fairfax, Beverly, 3rd, etc., and some transit (Purple, Pink).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts