Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Please could some kind person with the technical knowledge give me some feedback here, email or phone on the Parrahub http://www.parrahub.org.au/ concept 15,000 space car park and the 40 floor building above.

The main concerns I have are if the 15,000 precast horizontally curved reinforced floor slabs across the concentric walls will be strong enough without prestressing because they will be constrained by the surrounding rock and would the plumbing be acceptable running vertically up the fire escapes.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Perhaps someone, anyone may give me feedback if I explain my thoughts on constructing and testing the floor slabs.

Construct a track with a one metre horizontal curve and pour a 20m x 2m wide reinforced slab on it. Jack up the ends 100mm and secure ( perhaps floor bolts or concrete blocks) then drive a loaded 8 wheeler truck over it numerous times. If the slab remains in perfect condition personally I feel it would take 3 cars that would total at most 6t.

Please, as I am not an engineer, I need some response particularly on the slab thickness with average concrete and reinforcing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts