SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

22,740 Posts
i was in buffalo visiting my grandparents this past weekend, and i was under the impression that you needed a passport starting in 2006. because of this, i didn't go over into canada when i stopped by in niagara falls. the passport is no big deal to me; my grandparents have a cottage on lake erie and i go up to the beach every summer to see them. for me, a passport is no big deal; it's just a matter of knowing that you need it for border crossing. and it's not canada that wants to see the passports, the problem is for americans getting back into the united states.

i don't think it's a big deal. the only real problem is making sure people know about the law. passports are needed to get into or out of other countries so many people are prepared already.

22,740 Posts
going through customs has always been easy for me, sometimes too easy. i cross the border several times a year, so our license lpate must be in a database and they probably can see if we're bad people or not. around half the times all they ask is "where are you from?... where are you going?... see you later." getting back into the u.s. is a little harder, and in the past couple of years they've asked me for id on occasion, but coming back isn't hard at all either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.