SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read the shocking news that Pat Regan was murdered last night.

I have heard and admired her campaigning against gun crime on Look North and local radio for a few years now. To hear this news is absolutely shocking.

To hear the prime suspect is her own grandson is perhaps even more shocking.

'A LEEDS mother who had championed a national campaign against gun and knife crime has been found brutally murdered at her Leeds home. Pat Regan, 53, who had spearheaded the Mothers Against Violence campaign, was found stabbed to death at her maisonette close to the city centre yesterday evening. She had become a national figure in the campaign against gun and knife crime after her son Danny was gunned down in a suspected gangland killing in St Helens, in December 2002.

Today, police said that a 20-year-old man had been arrested over Pat's murder. The man is understood to be her grandson Rakeen

YEP, 2nd June 2008

·
Registered
30,485 Posts
hmm just heard it on Radio1. I hope that the incident just makes the campaign even stronger by its supporters. Awful news but lets hope people take in the news and carry on her good work.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Pat came to do a talk on guns when i was in yr 11 at school to our tutor group in class, which i can rememer very very clearly and this is down in sheffield. R.I.P Pat. If only there was an army of people that could do what she did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts