1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Afritect
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NAME: Pepper Club
FLOORS: 12F
HEIGHT: n/a
USE: Mixed Use (Resturant, Residential and Office)

theres a building currently here and will be demolished ,the old building houses offices for companies dealing with "internationals" work permits , saa , british airways and some advertising company

·
23,072 Posts
quite nice looking. I dont know how successful all the new apartments will be tho, think they should stick to commercial now. There is a massive over supply and people arent achieving rents that are worthy. yields are at 3%...not good for the buy to let investors.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Good news, but yeah, new commercial would be nice.

Dysan, or someone with accurate property knowledge of SA, can you tell me what the chances are of Cape Town getting some new office buildings or any CBD office developments in the next year, three years, six years...?

-thryve

·
23,072 Posts
good...the swing is now away from residential and towrds commercial and industrial property. In durban specifically, industrial property dev is 10 times the level of 3 yrs ago.

And yes giles, a report this past week stated that yields of only 3% were being achieved in CBD cape town due to more apartments than willing buyers or renters. however there is a marked desire for commercial space and some dev that were planned to be turned into residential apartments have actually not gone through with the conversions, and instead are modernising the commercial space for new tenents.

I personally believe that no more conversions will take place in central cape town and those that have will struggle for the next year to 18 months.

·
Banned
2,633 Posts
That's good news. Now we can look forward to office towers soon. Just hoping they would push the 30 floor height.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
NO MORE DUPLICATE THREADS!! gahh!

·
Karoo Prime
1,219 Posts
Yes Giles, thanks for sticking that dagger in my heart! "There are so many buildings missing in Cape Town"... !!

·
Afritect
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got saw a new dev in ct the other day hope its the same one

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
sorry mate dident mean it like that. I suppose i took my eye off the ball when you were away.
1000 appologies

·
Karoo Prime
1,219 Posts
Maybe it's on Pepper Street?

·
Karoo Prime
1,219 Posts
SA BOY said:
sorry mate dident mean it like that. I suppose i took my eye off the ball when you were away.
1000 appologies
I wasn't being serious... :bash:

·
Explore
2,860 Posts
I like the name - funky with a bit of an edge to it. Sounds like it should have a basement jazz club.

·
Karoo Prime
1,219 Posts
Will probably have a basement laundromat...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts