Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't get it. Last year New Orleans was #1 in the nation in per capita income growth. Hovering somewhere around 30-32K. Now we are dead last hovering somewhere around 20K. BY FAR dead last. Not even close. Somehow I think someone over at Bizjournals kinda screwed that one up. You can't drop that drastically in one year. No way.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Birmingham has a bright future in medical and life science, automotive manufacturing and professional services. Mercedes and Honda have create much income growth in the metropolitan fringe – areas around Pell City and McCalla. Plus all the suppliers that have moved into the region have generated better employment and income opportunities for thousands of people. Moreover, medical and life sciences continue to shape the future of the Birmingham region. UAB is the largest employer in Alabama at 19,000 employees and it ranks among the top biotechnology related research centers in the U.S. professional and business services is the regions fastest growing sector. Technology employment and business growth is hot – especially in the areas of software development and pharmaceutical development. In summary, I’m not surprised about Birmingham – Hoover’s #1 ranking in per-capita income growth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts