Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
16,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably my best pics yet, despite the crap weather. This is my first part of two threads. The second will showcase the streetscapes of the city and various other popular places.

BARRACK ST JETTY
South Perth skyline

A very grey central Perth

West Perth

Kings park-

AAPT TOWER
Scarborough beach and lake Herdsman-

River looking west (similar to my avatar)-

South Perth skyline with the emerging Applecrosse skyline in the back-

Fremantle and other western suburbs-

Narrows bridge-

The south Perth waterfront-

Raffles tower and Applecross-

WEST PERTH

central park got another spire-

BURSWOOD
Growing east Perth-

city-

MOUNTS BAY RD

BOLD HILL
This newly opened lookout is located about 8km west of the city in he suburb of Floreat. It offers great views in all directions except for the north, because its ugly hahaha.

Crawley skyline-

Subiaco, West Perth and the City-

Close up of the CBD-

Claremont-

Challenge stadium-

KINGS PARK
Probably the most popular place to score skyline shots. I'll try not to show the common angles from here.

This ones actually from state parliament, which is a stones throw away from Kings park-

Canning bridge and Applecross-

East Perth-

South Perth-

Love this shot-

Crawley-

Mitchell Fwy (the end of it)-

VICTORIA PARK
Mangaed to amalgamate Crawley and South Perth skylines in this pic-

The new Burswood skyline-

City view from here-

SOUTH PERTH
Another popular spot. Once again ill try and give you a different view.

East perth-

A small cluster of mid rise towers-

Western cbd-

HEATHCOTE PARK AND WIRELESS HILL
These two great spots are located in Applecross about 11km south of the CBD. Heathcote used to be a mental assylum now it is a popular family spot. Wireless hill,while unsure of its place in history, I think it has something to do with early telecommunications. These two places are about 4km apart.

River looking west-

City-

Crawley-

More of a close up-

Burswood-

Western suburbs-

·
Registered
77,364 Posts
great collection dilaz.
did you know Applecross was once home to Australia's tallest structure?
A 122m/400ft radio mast waaay back in 1914.
cheers

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Central Perth, so impressive and seems like so many skylines forming in the surrounds.

Cool shots! Loving the ones for East Perth & Burswood....seems exciting!

·
I want to do you slowly
491 Posts
That's excellent - In so many shots of Perth I can only ever distinguish to 2 biggies - it was good to see some mid risers singled out.

Interestingly the AMP Building doesn't look all that different from the AMP building I worked in in Melbourne last year!

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
8,282 Posts
i love how, (unitentional) you were able to get lights of subiaco oval into the last photo and also in the one of subi, west perth and the city but anywau bloody bewdaful.

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Nice shots -well done !

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Excellent work - Perth rocks!

I wasnt aware the city had so many suburban skylines!
South Perth's high rises arent very nice looking though.

·
Perth's Beach
3,387 Posts
^Yeah, I agree. South Perth is a very old skyline. Most were built in the 60s maybe? and 70s.

Well done Michael. Brilliant shots!
Don’t forget people, Perth will be in the Amazing Race next Thursday night. Be watching :)

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
MelbourneCity said:
Excellent work - Perth rocks!

I wasnt aware the city had so many suburban skylines!
South Perth's high rises arent very nice looking though.
Most of the new developments have been in the sub 12 story range from the 80's onwards, and parallel to the Kwinana freeway. Hopefully as density builds in the area, the pressure and viability to build new tall apartments (and maybe an office building or two ina couple of decades time) in South Perth will see a more impressive skyline emerging on the south side of the Swan.

·
Here
6,589 Posts
dallas said:
Most of the new developments have been in the sub 12 story range from the 80's onwards, and parallel to the Kwinana freeway. Hopefully as density builds in the area, the pressure and viability to build new tall apartments (and maybe an office building or two ina couple of decades time) in South Perth will see a more impressive skyline emerging on the south side of the Swan.
These days the South Perth council like nearly every suburban council is anti-height.

The highest they allow is 36m and thats only for a limited select blocks away from the forshore. Most of the average height limits for new buildings around Mill Point and the South Perth forshore where the old towers reside is between 10-14m with some sections upto 28m.

Can't say I am surprised though, even this close to the CBD there is a outer suburban council mind set. I assume it is implace to cut down on density and thus traffic problems that would be created, maybe after the South Perth Station is opened they might increase the height limits around Mill Point (though that is wishful thinking).

http://www.southperth.wa.gov.au/eservice/SouthPerth/town_plan_info/townplanning/tps6_maps/legend.pdf
http://www.southperth.wa.gov.au/ese..._plan_info/townplanning/tps6_maps/1height.pdf
http://www.southperth.wa.gov.au/ese..._plan_info/townplanning/tps6_maps/2zoning.pdf
http://www.southperth.wa.gov.au/ese..._plan_info/townplanning/tps6_maps/4zoning.pdf

·
Watch my Chops
6,047 Posts
Brillant. Simply the best.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts