Please Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Galactic Ruler
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a variation of of of the others ... seeing as though everyone is complaining. The pink is gone and now perth and uluru have been added.

It's east meets west and joins in the middle - type of an idea.

Why don't you all quit complaining and do your own. I find it sorta rude that you all slag the Sydney-centric ones. Sydney is one of our most enduring icons and it would be expected to feature somewhere.

Now it looks tacky...

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
FINE HAVE A SYDNEY DAY **** THE REST OF AUSTRALIA, CALL IT SYDNEY DAY!

lol.

i got a hell idea, but im shit at PS.
do wat u did with the sydneyand perth skyline, but add in all the cities to make one massive skyline! itll work and add fireworks centrally behind it

·
Galactic Ruler
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah .. it's alot of work and depends on the images available. they all have to be semi scaled, then linked and silhoutetted. It's a bit of work hence why i did the east to west thing as a compromise.

·
Watch my Chops
6,069 Posts
Wont be happy till we change our National day. :)

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
The only thing is, Uluru's silloette (however the hell you friggin spell it) seems to be more in line and blends in with the fireworks, so some people could be thinking that its a firework streak or something.

·
Galactic Ruler
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i know what you mean about the silhouette. I intended it to be scaled height wise (even if badly) and as such it couldn't be too dark as it upset the layout and overpowered the design. At one stage it also had the olgas, which are some huge height but it upset everything and made the cities look tiny. I opted for this as a compromise.

As it stands it is supposed to be visible in the distance behind the skylines, to give the metaphor of looking at Aust from the south taking in the arc from west to east (Perth>Uluru>Sydney etc.

I actually like the subliminal idea of the rock behind the skylines, fading off into the distance like a mirage and merging with the the fireworks, I think it ties the image together as a whole and integrates the scene.

My $0.02.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I really like this one.

Well done Av, I think this is the best of all the banners.

P.S. Perth4Life--SHUT THE HELL UP, I don't see you putting any effort into producing a banner. You can criticise when you've done a better one. And if you think you have an idea which could win "for sure," DO IT YOURSELF!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.