SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken today from City Beach, up the coast to Hillarys Boat Harbour.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Um, call me crazy but might have something to do with the whole 'middle of winter' thing...
exactly, in Sydney exactly a month ago (before winter) there were days Maroubra and Coogee beaches were dead because of the weather.

It was raining on and off yesterday timmy-brissy and also a work day although there were surfers out there. Less than a week ago it was a fine sunny 23c day, Cottesloe beach was busy.

·
Aucklander
897 Posts
I love that area. The some of the houses on the road beside the beach are really stunning. I want to go back to WA. Anyways, nice pics

·
5,174 Posts
Nice pics hayds!

I swear though, when I saw this picture I did a double take thinking it said Hillsong!

·
Registered
865 Posts
It looks very nice!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I swear the west has more mansions along the coast than any other city in Australia. I went for a drive through the northern subs and most of the houses were massive houses... only problem they are mostly empty looking, i wish they were full of life with people and not empty looking... possibly just singles with mortagages or some interstate investors...

I say there seems to be a lot of Queenslanders living or staying up along Kallaroo to Burns Beach -Kinross way... I counted over 30 qld plates parked in driveways or on the roads along that stretch either in carparks or being driven. Whitfords on Saturday had about 10 Qld plate cars in just 200m of parking on the Big W side last weekend alone. Possibly Victorian has more though up that way too, I had lost count of the amount of vic plates i saw.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
I am impressed how development is setback from the beaches in Perth allowing them to maintain their natural character. Makes Perth's beaches unique from those of the east coast.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts