Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

At the present place of the fortress, there used to be a medieval fortress built between 1247 and 1252, and before that one there were Celts, Romans, Huns, Avars. The Slavs and Avars settled the area in the VI and VII centuries. The new fortress was mentioned in written documents in 1347 for the first time as the residence of various commanders.
According to the latest evidence of the archaeological research, the traces of human life on the fortress date back from Palaeolithic period.
The Fortress was completed in 1780. Inaccessible for military equipment of that time, it occupied the dominant position in regard to the surroundings and became known as “The Gibraltar on the Danube”. Now it is a popular sight for tourists and locals as well.

YOU MIGHT HAVE TO USE FIREFOX FOR SOME OF THESE.

·
Un genovese a Nord-Est
1,252 Posts
Very nice pictures of a very beautiful and interesting place, thank you! :)
I'd like to visit Novi Sad in the future, do you have any recent pictures of the town centre too? Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Novi Sad is my favourite place in Serbia. Not only is it a pretty little city, but it just has a special kind of charm. I love the pictures, especially Petrovaradin pics that I have not seen before. Those certainly stir up some memories (it is where I lived).

·
Registered
38 Posts
i absolutely love Novi Sad, my uncle lives in a town called futog right next to NS, the city is extreamly beutiful and charming, and the cafe's and resturaunts are very nice, i actually recently ate at the one with the blue umbrella's in the 7th picture in the second set, good pizza :)

·
Banned
193 Posts
NS said:

At the present place of the fortress, there used to be a medieval fortress built between 1247 and 1252, and before that one there were Celts, Romans, Huns, Avars. The Slavs and Avars settled the area in the VI and VII centuries.

Hmm according to Kampflamm it belongs only to Hungarians...

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Novi Sad to me is like a mini Vienna in Serbia. Beautiful city with lots of culture. Thanks for those great pics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.