Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been all over the US and lived many places. Philadelphia is definitely one of America's finest walkable and liveable cities. People love the city because they don't expect its sumptuous rewards to be so gripping. Also many folks are shocked that Philly is a giant city. Some must have been expecting Newark or Colonial Williamsburg.

I personally, am a fan of the history, texture and architecture.

·
EffSizzle
160 Posts
Ahhh...Philadelphia!

I want to see Philly so terribly bad. I've been enamored w/ Philly since I saw the first ROCKY movie as a kid.

·
College Student
291 Posts
Yea, those new condos are coming along nicely. I also hate it when tourists come to the art museum and run up the steps acting like rocky. I find it quite annoying. And as for the city, theres a lot of problems but no sense in turning this to a city debate. Great pics.:cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
NICE!

Comcast Center (the tall blue-glass tower U/C): America's best new high-rise of 2008?

What would you say?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is it that normal to see people acting like Rocky at the steps of the art museum? I understand its a big Hollywood movie thing, but I find it kinda weird to see people actually acting so dumb in public!:lol:

·
College Student
291 Posts
Is it that normal to see people acting like Rocky at the steps of the art museum? I understand its a big Hollywood movie thing, but I find it kinda weird to see people actually acting so dumb in public!:lol:
It happens all the time when I'm at the art museum.

·
lagom
1,537 Posts
WOW!! this is the first i've seen or heard ot this building. It's amazing! HOw tall and is there a reindering of the finished? I'm green with ENVY ;)

·
18,279 Posts
Great pictures. Philadweller, you need to start coming into the Northeast US section. We could use some Philly pictures.

Nice to know that William Penn is finally looking up at Philly's skyline!
Actually, most people are pissed that Penn is not looking down on everything. Google "the curse of William Penn".

WOW!! this is the first i've seen or heard ot this building. It's amazing! HOw tall and is there a reindering of the finished? I'm green with ENVY ;)
I believe the Comcast Center will be 975 ft tall. It will be squared off at the top.

·
Registered
840 Posts
sorry have to disagree rocky is part of philli and people just like to do it cmon i bet you would if you were there.Yo ADRIAN I DID IT .

1 - 20 of 45 Posts