• No

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 14.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
No..... The new city's tallest 57-story, 975 foot skyscraper is under construction. NTM a couple 450-550 foot buildings and 1 or 2 600+ proposed or under construciton. In fact, a whole new skyline is developing in Northern Liberties, with a couple 200-400 towers and 1 500 foot tower and even a propsed 900 foot tall skyscraper. Plus, there's a ton of shorter 300 foot and shorter buildings. More than 20 highrises are propsoed, approved, or under contrsuction in Philly.

And anyway, yes the skyline will change DRAMATICALLY even if most of the building do not get built.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Philly already has a very underrated syline, definitely top 5 in the U.S after NYC, Chicago, maybe San Fran, and Houston (or L.A.). Any high rise additions would continue to improve an already great skyline.

·
Banned
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
xzmattzx said:
maybe one of our teams will win if they did that.
Yeah that would be nice. I think some of the lacrosse teams are winning, also Bernard Hopkins from North Philly won all three belts during the unification and held it for several years until recently. Since Philly is sports town and even more so a boxing city it will prevail one way or the other.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
^^ Your time will come - theoretically.

Nice pics, Philly's gotta be one of my favorite major skylines.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i love phily's density, and that comcast tower looks nice in the pictures

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
Philly residents,

Give me some feedback on the following: WHAT EFFECT (POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE) DO YOU THINK THAT THE UNWRITTEN RULE (NO BUILDING CAN BE HIGHER UP THAN CITY HALL) MAKING YOUR CITY GETTING INTO REALLY TALL BUILDINGS RATHER LATE COMPARED TO OTHER CITIES HAD ON THE QUALITY OF THE SKYLINE?

I suspect it may have been a positive for you, insofar as when taller buildings went up, it raised the bar for their quality.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts