Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
Philamlife Tower
Makati, Philippines

HEIGHT: 200m/656 feet
FLOORS: 48 floors
COMPLETION: 1999
ARCHITECT: SOM

- A 48-storey office building using fully unitized curtainwall of glass, aluminium panel and granite.
- The tower proper incorporated into the system horizontal sunscreens, vertical fins, light bullnoses, crown lighting and balcony trellises.
- Shallow and deep-set cladding was used extensively on the building envelope.
- The entrance facades employed mirror stainless steel shopfronts, capped with functional sculpted canopies in hairline finish.

The Philippine American Life Insurance Building is conceived and designed as a world-class intelligent office building, whose architectural elements were generated by the cultural and climatic context of The Philippines and Manila's position in a global economy. The project is located near the intersection of Ayala Avenue and Paseo de Roxas in the Makati district of Manila. The site, directly across from the Ayala Triangle, offers a superb opportunity to take advantage of views of Metro Manila. The PhilAm Life building incorporates 60,000 m2 of prime leasable office space, an exclusive private club facility, two major banking halls and required support services.

One of the lesser favorite building of the Philippine forumers, but is still recognizable in the skyline.

edit, more pics

·
Don't be that guy!
1,097 Posts
I like the Glass, and the overall tower itself. 8/10

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Nice one 8/10. I don't understand that this is one of the lesser favourite buildings of the Philpines.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Wisma

Nice one 8/10. I don't understand that this is one of the lesser favourite buildings of the Philpines.
imo there are better looking ones in the country. go check other ROT threads

·
arnhmember
1,490 Posts

Not bad enough for a 5.0 or lower. But not good, no. composition of boxes doesn't match to my taste. colors are catchy-casual, thanks to the glass. not a symphatique tower.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts