SkyscraperCity banner

5221 - 5240 of 5241 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Eight flagship infrastructure projects worth P370 billion shelved
...Among the shelved projects are the P175.66-billion Bataan-Cavite Interlink Bridge, P13.94-billion New Zamboanga International Airport, the P6.94-billion New Dumaguete Airport, P9.5-billion Dalton Pass East Alignment Alternative Road, and the Guimaras-Negros segment of the P189.526-billion Panay-Guimaras Negros Bridge.

Other projects that were set aside include the P56-billion Kanan Dam project, the P31.22-billion Kabulnan-2 Multipurpose Irrigation and Power Project in Mindanao, and the P19.36-billion Panay River Basin Integrated Development Project.

“We would revisit them again in the next quarter to see what’s the progress in the feasibility studies of these projects,” Mr. Dizon said...

·
Registered
24,080 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,170 Posts
Turning car lanes into bicycle lanes
By: Robert Siy - The Manila Times
August 29, 2020
The ongoing health and mobility crisis calls for the development of active transport options that are safe, convenient and attractive. To build a user-friendly bike lane network in Metro Manila, the needs of pedestrians and cyclists should come before the needs of motorists.

The conversion of car lanes into bike lanes will be part of the solution, not only for future road projects, but also on existing roads. The creation of bike lanes from existing car lanes is not only feasible today, but also highly desirable for social, economic, health and environmental reasons.

·
Registered
24,080 Posts

·
Registered
24,080 Posts

·
Registered
24,080 Posts
Got our vehicle registered for Autosweep interconnectivity at CALAx Mamplasan Office.

Mukhang meron silang SOP disclaimer kasi dalwa kami kahapon na nag inquire about this, and both employees ad verbatim said the same thing:

"If Autosweep interconnectivity po ang iaavail nyo, take note lang po na

separate accounts / cards pa din po, isa lang po sticker
if ever po magkaron ng issue yung Autosweep RFID sticker nyo ay meron din pong itong magiging effect sa Easytrip nyo"

Eh samin naman eh relatively minor issue because we rarely go to MPTC-operated tollways using our vehicles, pag pa Norte eh sasakyan ng brother / sister ko para familia size.

So ang ginawa ko ay ganito:
  • After agreeing to the statement, they gave me 2 copies of the form to fill up [no OR/CR needed, plate / conduction sticker lang need ilagay sa form]
  • pay 200 for initial load
  • they took a front photo of the vehicle showing conduction plate / scanned the Autosweep RFID with a handheld reader [took a photo of this as well]
  • Balik daw ako ng 15 working days to get the Easytrip Card [Sept 25].
===

Dun sa Sta. Rosa T/P tent, daming nagpapakabit ng stickers nila.

===

One more thing: Sana naman updated continuously yung Autosweep interconnectivty registration areas nila. Nagpost pa si CALAx kahapon na meron sa Shell Nuvali, pag punta ko dun wala na daw inalis na ni latter at meron sa Sta. Rosa T/P. Pag punta ko dun eh stickers lang binebenta, so punta sa Mamplasan office buti umabot pa ako [until 5pm lang kasi].

·
Registered
24,080 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
NLEX, SCTEX, CAVITEX to lose all toll gates for open road RFID
Open-road tolling to replace traditional toll booths soon, says MPTC

Driving along NLEX, SCTEX, and CAVITEX could be faster and more seamless... if you have RFID.
With all (or most) toll roads in the country set to switch to cashless transactions via RFID, Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC), the concessionaire that operates NLEX, SCTEX, and CAVITEX, has revealed that within 2 to 3 years, toll booths will no longer be necessary along expressways.

MPTC plans to make this a reality through "open-road tolling" (ORT). Instead of having toll booths/toll plazas, the open-road tolling system will make use of gantries that can scan and tag vehicles as they pass by. They will be positioned on key segments of an expressway in order to determine a motorist's toll fee, depending on where they entered/exited. This new system is actually similar to what Taiwan and the US currently use.
Read more: NLEX, SCTEX, CAVITEX to lose all toll gates for open road RFID - Auto News

·
Registered
24,080 Posts
With all due respect to Da King...for the nth time, please...STOP.RENAMING.OUR.ROADS!

Senate Bill No. 1822, filed by Senator Lito Lapid, seeks to rename Del Monte Avenue in Quezon City as Fernando Poe Jr. Avenue.

xxx

"I know this is unorthodox, this is only a referral of the bills but I would like to sincerely thank our colleagues who expressed to be co-authors. I'm very touched. Thank you so much," Poe told her colleagues, apparently holding back tears.

Looks like this is 99.99% in the bag already as the counterpart House bill breezed thru already:

The House of Representatives already approved its counterpart bill last September 9 and transmitted it to the Senate the following day.

·
Premium Member
4,170 Posts
With all due respect to Da King...for the nth time, please...STOP.RENAMING.OUR.ROADS!

Senate Bill No. 1822, filed by Senator Lito Lapid, seeks to rename Del Monte Avenue in Quezon City as Fernando Poe Jr. Avenue.

xxx

"I know this is unorthodox, this is only a referral of the bills but I would like to sincerely thank our colleagues who expressed to be co-authors. I'm very touched. Thank you so much," Poe told her colleagues, apparently holding back tears.
Looks like this is 99.99% in the bag already as the counterpart House bill breezed thru already:

The House of Representatives already approved its counterpart bill last September 9 and transmitted it to the Senate the following day.
Tapos pag namatay ang immortal cop na successor ni Da King, gagawin naman siyang Rodel Nacianceno/Coco Martin Avenue c/o Pinuno. 🤦‍♂️

·
W
1,786 Posts
im not sure about that mindoro-batangas bridge. is it more plausible for PPP than the bataan-cavite bridge? its also a busy shipping lane. i wonder if they would alot more cable stayed bridge than a floating bridge.

kennon road rehab. this had been in the works for so many years. i wonder what happened? tunneling more portion will be safer.

other option i want to see: northern mindanao expressway, luzon western seaboard (which is also as important as the eastern portion), panay loop expressway.

5221 - 5240 of 5241 Posts