Skyscraper City Forum banner

Votes: 5 29.4%

Votes: 12 70.6%
2101 - 2120 of 7901 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
^^ The follow-up message I received states: the project, worth PHP85M, was done despite the disapproval of the PTA Board to whom Barbers reports to, and a stoppage order issued by the Intramuros Administration. I'll post photos as soon as they are sent to me. I hope Barbers does not forget that Intramuros and its walls are protected by PD1616!

Rumor has it, he is persisting because of the 20% you know what!

·
Registered
592 Posts
^^ The follow-up message I received states: the project, worth PHP85M, was done despite the disapproval of the PTA Board to whom Barbers reports to, and a stoppage order issued by the Intramuros Administration. I'll post photos as soon as they are sent to me. I hope Barbers does not forget that Intramuros and its walls are protected by PD1616!

Rumor has it, he is persisting because of the 20% you know what!

·
Guardian Angel
1,496 Posts
Building of Sports Club beside the west wall of Fort Santiago

Actually I have taken this photos of constructions beside the wall of Intramuros and I think I have included in the photos I have posted in the Thread ""Ciudad Morada Intramuros " on 21st February 2007

The constructions of the Sports complex is at the back of this building of National Shrine, and fronting that road from Anda Circle to Del Pan Bridge, I think that road is Roxas Blvd Extension.

This is the construction beside the Wall of Intramuros / Fort Santiago just behind the National Shrine building. I was taking the photos at the back of Fort Santiago's National Shrine bldg.

·
Guardian Angel
1,496 Posts
Building of Sports Club beside the west wall of Fort Santiago

Actually I have taken this photos of constructions beside the wall of Intramuros and I think I have included in the photos I have posted in the Thread ""Ciudad Morada Intramuros " on 21st February 2007

The constructions of the Sports complex is at the back of this building of National Shrine, and fronting that road from Anda Circle to Del Pan Bridge, I think that road is Roxas Blvd Extension.

This is the construction beside the Wall of Intramuros / Fort Santiago just behind the National Shrine building. I was taking the photos at the back of Fort Santiago's National Shrine bldg.

·
The Original is The Best
6,408 Posts
That construction of the Sports complex in Intramuros adjacent to its walls is so wrong! Someone should enjoin that continued construction. Why was that allowed?!! :rant:

·
The Original is The Best
6,408 Posts
That construction of the Sports complex in Intramuros adjacent to its walls is so wrong! Someone should enjoin that continued construction. Why was that allowed?!! :rant:

·
You Ain't No Patron Saint
1,539 Posts
NAZARIA LAGOS
Date of Birth: August 28, 1851
Place of Birth: Dueñas, Iloilo
Date of Death: January 27, 1945

Nazaria Lagos is one of the women in the Philippine Revolution

- She allowed the use of her house as a secret meeting place of the revolutionary leaders of Iloilo. Her family's hacienda at Angaro was also used as a food and supply depot of the rebels. Her father supervised the depot.

- She helped build a hospital for the rebels by providing bamboo bed, chairs, tables, shelves, cabinets, and clothing materials. She cared for the wounded and sick Filipino soldiers even after she lost two of her children during a smallpox epidemic. The Red Cross helped her by soliciting food and clothes.

- She sewed the Philippine flag that was raised in the Dueñas town square on June 12, 1899, the first anniversary of the proclamation of independence.

- She was also known as Florence Nightingale of Panay.

@lewdsaint, forgive my ignorance but who is Nazaria Lagos and how did she become a heroine?

·
You Ain't No Patron Saint
1,539 Posts
NAZARIA LAGOS
Date of Birth: August 28, 1851
Place of Birth: Dueñas, Iloilo
Date of Death: January 27, 1945

Nazaria Lagos is one of the women in the Philippine Revolution

- She allowed the use of her house as a secret meeting place of the revolutionary leaders of Iloilo. Her family's hacienda at Angaro was also used as a food and supply depot of the rebels. Her father supervised the depot.

- She helped build a hospital for the rebels by providing bamboo bed, chairs, tables, shelves, cabinets, and clothing materials. She cared for the wounded and sick Filipino soldiers even after she lost two of her children during a smallpox epidemic. The Red Cross helped her by soliciting food and clothes.

- She sewed the Philippine flag that was raised in the Dueñas town square on June 12, 1899, the first anniversary of the proclamation of independence.

- She was also known as Florence Nightingale of Panay.

@lewdsaint, forgive my ignorance but who is Nazaria Lagos and how did she become a heroine?

2101 - 2120 of 7901 Posts