SkyscraperCity banner

Votes: 5 29.4%

Votes: 12 70.6%
2201 - 2220 of 7885 Posts

·
The Original is The Best
6,410 Posts
^^ Thanks for the update @Ivan. I will still be writing those agencies so that they know that it is a concern of Pinoys all over the world and that we are following developments on this.

Thanks for the email and the list of the agencies and the pertinent laws @Wonder Jeff.

Thanks for the listing and the photos @The Avenger since those are what is being circulated now to trigger action from concerned heritage conservationists.

I'm relieved of that stop-order.

We should really be vigilant about this because it was under the very nose of Sec. Durano and within his jurisdiction that the construction started to happen. How could that have been overlooked? The construction has already been underway for weeks. If people did not make an issue about it, it would have been too late.

·
The Original is The Best
6,410 Posts
^^ Thanks for the update @Ivan. I will still be writing those agencies so that they know that it is a concern of Pinoys all over the world and that we are following developments on this.

Thanks for the email and the list of the agencies and the pertinent laws @Wonder Jeff.

Thanks for the listing and the photos @The Avenger since those are what is being circulated now to trigger action from concerned heritage conservationists.

I'm relieved of that stop-order.

We should really be vigilant about this because it was under the very nose of Sec. Durano and within his jurisdiction that the construction started to happen. How could that have been overlooked? The construction has already been underway for weeks. If people did not make an issue about it, it would have been too late.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The arrogance of dimwits

In other words you’re tampering with property that isn’t yours.’

http://www.malaya.com.ph/mar07/edbambi.htm
This is really all thoroughly beyond me. Some weeks ago Joy de los Reyes of Malaya asked whether I knew about a structure that was going up beside one of the Intramuros walls. Since I was attending a Senate hearing on a heritage bill, I asked a PTA lawyer if he knew anything about it seeing as the Intramuros Golf Club is under their jurisdiction. The PTA people present eyed each other and promptly nodded. Apparently they knew something the rest of us didn’t.

Now Ivan Henares has come out with photographs of this structure that PTA manager what’s his name Barbers is building. Let me make myself very clear. I don’t know Mr. Barbers; thank God for little favors. I understand that the person who really should have been named PTA manager since she would have known what she was doing was his mother-in-law, Beth de la Fuente who once ran DOT’s Convention Center very successfully. Unfortunately this was during the Marcos administration and you know what happened to all the Marcos people, capable or otherwise, during Cory’s time.

So the late police chief/senator Barber’s son was appointed by President Arroyo to the PTA post because junior needed a job, one brother being a senator and another a governor or some such thing. In other words, a political appointee without any merits of his own. Of course this happens all the time and I personally don’t see why I should find it upsetting. By this time, as Toti Villalon and company would ask, "Why am I surprised?"

Well, actually no, I’m not surprised; just disgusted. I mean where is this moron coming from? Like from what backwater, or what rock did he crawl out from? Makes you wonder why we bother electing representatives at such great expense to the people to enact laws when we’ve got people like Barbers flaunting their defiance by ignoring them and giving everyone a rotten example. We’re told often enough by politicians that we live in a democracy where we supposedly live by the rule of law including those governing heritage like the Intramuros walls. In case, Mr. Barbers doesn’t know or is illiterate, the law creating the Intramuros Administration (PD 1616) had certain regulations that forbade the construction of any structure that close to the wall. To add insult to injury, it seems the PTA Board vetoed the P85 million project to construct whatever monstrosity he has in mind. Makes you wonder what possessed Barbers to think he has any qualifications to proceed without consultation or even to believe he has the taste to decide. What is this? Just pure arrogance?

Common sense would tell you that the walls are an attraction, not that Mr. Barbers would understand anything that doesn’t resemble Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, for instance, nor would it appear that he recognize any authority except his own. I do not expect DOT Secretary Durano to tell him to cease and desist either just in case Barbers chooses to ignore him. In which case he’d have even more problems with this underling than he’s having right now.

But going back to this heritage thing. While at this point I think it’s a lost cause I still feel we should speak up. What the likes of Atienza, Emilio Yap, Sarino and Narvasa for that matter and now Barbers (and come to think of it any number of Catholic priests and bishops don’t seem to comprehend the concept either) is that none of these belongs to them. There does not seem to be any way to impress upon government officials and the Catholic Bishops Conference members for that matter that the built heritage including some churches are merely under their stewardship no matter how much they may think they own them. God knows why this is so difficult like – repeat after me – this doesn’t belong to you. In other words you’re tampering with property that isn’t yours. There’s a commandment against that in case everybody’s forgotten. For reasons unclear to the rest of us unfortunate mortals, some people, once in positions of authority, think everything is private property. In some cases even the national treasury, but that’s another story.

Going back to Barbers, apparently the guy thinks he’s a hot shot. But a pain is what he really is. In the meantime. I would like to ask, who’s going to stop him? Why should a government official be allowed to do as he pleases, given that he knows zilch about heritage or tourism or art or culture or tradition and has absolutely no respect for the laws of this country? What is the NCCA or the NHI doing? It’s their call; in effect, they should be suing the pants off this idiot or Atty. Fortun should get on his white horse and slay this particular dragon once and for all. (Come to think of it, will his mother-in-law please set him straight?)

One of the problems was that once one of the many idiots – generally elected government officials Filipinos have to endure – got away with destroying the people’s heritage and no one stopped them, that was the end of the story. The others looked on and figured no one was going to bother. Well, I’m waiting…hopefully it won’t be until hell freezes over.
Ivan, now its in the opinion pages. hopefully, they will listen to reason.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The arrogance of dimwits

In other words you’re tampering with property that isn’t yours.’

http://www.malaya.com.ph/mar07/edbambi.htm
This is really all thoroughly beyond me. Some weeks ago Joy de los Reyes of Malaya asked whether I knew about a structure that was going up beside one of the Intramuros walls. Since I was attending a Senate hearing on a heritage bill, I asked a PTA lawyer if he knew anything about it seeing as the Intramuros Golf Club is under their jurisdiction. The PTA people present eyed each other and promptly nodded. Apparently they knew something the rest of us didn’t.

Now Ivan Henares has come out with photographs of this structure that PTA manager what’s his name Barbers is building. Let me make myself very clear. I don’t know Mr. Barbers; thank God for little favors. I understand that the person who really should have been named PTA manager since she would have known what she was doing was his mother-in-law, Beth de la Fuente who once ran DOT’s Convention Center very successfully. Unfortunately this was during the Marcos administration and you know what happened to all the Marcos people, capable or otherwise, during Cory’s time.

So the late police chief/senator Barber’s son was appointed by President Arroyo to the PTA post because junior needed a job, one brother being a senator and another a governor or some such thing. In other words, a political appointee without any merits of his own. Of course this happens all the time and I personally don’t see why I should find it upsetting. By this time, as Toti Villalon and company would ask, "Why am I surprised?"

Well, actually no, I’m not surprised; just disgusted. I mean where is this moron coming from? Like from what backwater, or what rock did he crawl out from? Makes you wonder why we bother electing representatives at such great expense to the people to enact laws when we’ve got people like Barbers flaunting their defiance by ignoring them and giving everyone a rotten example. We’re told often enough by politicians that we live in a democracy where we supposedly live by the rule of law including those governing heritage like the Intramuros walls. In case, Mr. Barbers doesn’t know or is illiterate, the law creating the Intramuros Administration (PD 1616) had certain regulations that forbade the construction of any structure that close to the wall. To add insult to injury, it seems the PTA Board vetoed the P85 million project to construct whatever monstrosity he has in mind. Makes you wonder what possessed Barbers to think he has any qualifications to proceed without consultation or even to believe he has the taste to decide. What is this? Just pure arrogance?

Common sense would tell you that the walls are an attraction, not that Mr. Barbers would understand anything that doesn’t resemble Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas, for instance, nor would it appear that he recognize any authority except his own. I do not expect DOT Secretary Durano to tell him to cease and desist either just in case Barbers chooses to ignore him. In which case he’d have even more problems with this underling than he’s having right now.

But going back to this heritage thing. While at this point I think it’s a lost cause I still feel we should speak up. What the likes of Atienza, Emilio Yap, Sarino and Narvasa for that matter and now Barbers (and come to think of it any number of Catholic priests and bishops don’t seem to comprehend the concept either) is that none of these belongs to them. There does not seem to be any way to impress upon government officials and the Catholic Bishops Conference members for that matter that the built heritage including some churches are merely under their stewardship no matter how much they may think they own them. God knows why this is so difficult like – repeat after me – this doesn’t belong to you. In other words you’re tampering with property that isn’t yours. There’s a commandment against that in case everybody’s forgotten. For reasons unclear to the rest of us unfortunate mortals, some people, once in positions of authority, think everything is private property. In some cases even the national treasury, but that’s another story.

Going back to Barbers, apparently the guy thinks he’s a hot shot. But a pain is what he really is. In the meantime. I would like to ask, who’s going to stop him? Why should a government official be allowed to do as he pleases, given that he knows zilch about heritage or tourism or art or culture or tradition and has absolutely no respect for the laws of this country? What is the NCCA or the NHI doing? It’s their call; in effect, they should be suing the pants off this idiot or Atty. Fortun should get on his white horse and slay this particular dragon once and for all. (Come to think of it, will his mother-in-law please set him straight?)

One of the problems was that once one of the many idiots – generally elected government officials Filipinos have to endure – got away with destroying the people’s heritage and no one stopped them, that was the end of the story. The others looked on and figured no one was going to bother. Well, I’m waiting…hopefully it won’t be until hell freezes over.
Ivan, now its in the opinion pages. hopefully, they will listen to reason.

·
The Original is The Best
6,410 Posts
^^ More editorials like those please. It is good that Ms. Bambi Harper wrote that. I am just saddened that she feels its a "lost cause".

I should hope not!!!

The PTA officials make me go "Grrrrr..." Apparently, they are in the know that this is happening but they allowed that to happen.

Command authority! President GMA appointed this nitwit Barbers, she should be held accountable for his actions, too. Let us bombard the Office of the President with letters, too.

More media attention to this matter!

·
The Original is The Best
6,410 Posts
^^ More editorials like those please. It is good that Ms. Bambi Harper wrote that. I am just saddened that she feels its a "lost cause".

I should hope not!!!

The PTA officials make me go "Grrrrr..." Apparently, they are in the know that this is happening but they allowed that to happen.

Command authority! President GMA appointed this nitwit Barbers, she should be held accountable for his actions, too. Let us bombard the Office of the President with letters, too.

·
1,110 Posts

I should hope not!!!

cool lang ate lili, na feature na ba sa news ito?? sana ma feature like nung nagyari sa theater sa may rizal avenue, nabalita sa GMA before kaso wala na demolished rin sya... Sir Noche, pa interview kayo ulit sa GMA!!! " :lol:

·
1,110 Posts

I should hope not!!!

cool lang ate lili, na feature na ba sa news ito?? sana ma feature like nung nagyari sa theater sa may rizal avenue, nabalita sa GMA before kaso wala na demolished rin sya... Sir Noche, pa interview kayo ulit sa GMA!!! " :lol:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Stationary bandits in Intramuros

Manila Bulletin, Thursday, 8 March 2007
Landscape
by Gemma Cruz Araneta

"STATIONARY Bandits" (Platypus, 2007) is the sinister title of Rene Azurin’s provocative book on political power. He was appointed member of the 2005 Consultative Commission which was mandated to propose revisions to the Constitution. However, to the chagrin of the present dispensation, he penned the Dissenting Report, in behalf of six others; Magnificent Seven, they were called.

In his thought-provoking book, Dr. Azurin tackled the intrinsic value of "deadlocks" against "efficiency" and other thorny issues that evolved around Cha-cha (Charter change). What I found most elucidating was his description of why governments came about, and how a minority became hegemonic, even in a socalled democratic society like ours. Though it gives a semblance of democracy, the voting power of a loose majority is no match to the entrenched clique of stationary bandits that monopolizes and controls the distribution and utilization of our country’s wealth and resources.

The "power motive" is a stationary bandit’s boundless source of energy that propels him/her to the summit and once firmly on the saddle will hold on to power at all costs. Dr. Azurin clearly showed that the Charter change (Cha-cha) scheme that aims to junk the current presidential system of checks and balances for a unicameral parliament has only one beneficiary — the bloc of stationary bandits in power. It is imperative that we strengthen and not destroy the institutional devices that guarantee the distribution of power to several groups.

While reading Dr. Azurin’s book (it merits more than superficial browsing) it suddenly dawned on me that Intramuros the Ever Loyal has become an endangered historical species because it has fallen prey to and has become the veritable lifeblood of despicable stationary bandits.

Do not even blink or you will miss the spectacle of a sports complex rising from the ex-moat of Intramuros, behind the Rizal shrine but outside the walls and near the clubhouse of the golf course of the Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA). Could the golf course be losing money because of competition? Is open space so irresistible specially when it is part of historical sites and settings? Or, is it deliberate ignorance of Presidential Decree 1616 which protects Philippine heritage?

So far, information about this dubious project is scanty and confused: It costs eighty five million pesos and is allegedly the brainchild of PTA Genereal Manager Dean Barbers who rammed the project through despite the objections of the PTA board. Department of Tourism (DOT) Secretary, Ace Durano, head of the PTA board, was reported to have sent GM Barbers a letter ordering him to cancel the project, but it has remained unheeded. Domidador Ferrer, head of Intramuros Administration (attached agency of the DOT with the Secretary as board chairman) supposedly sent GM Barbers a "stoppage" letter, truly uncharacteristic of such an astute bureaucrat/businessman. Not a peep out of the National Historical Institute nor the National Commission on Culture and the Arts, government agencies mandated by law to protect national patrimony.

Coincidentally, the disquieting news about this latest defilement of Intramuros came while I was plowing through STATIONARY BANDITS (Platypus, 2007), Dr. Rene Azurin's compelling book on political power. Quoting a few philosopher-economists, Dr. Azurin explained the "predatory" as opposed to "productive" nature of a certain class of people and listed (Thorstein Veblen's) predatory occupations as "government, war, sports and devout observances."

The provocative phrase "stationary bandits" was coined bv Mancur Olson in his rather cynical description of how governments were born, "…in places where a single powerful bandit was able to drive away all other roving gangs of bandits from a particular territory and effectively impose a monopoly on banditry in the area…" On the other hand, economist Olson articulated that total control by one bandit (and his cronies) is preferable to the chaos created byroving gangs of bandits committing random acts of violence.

Dispel that romantic notion we learned in school about governments being "social contracts" between subjects (who willingly ceded freedom in exchange for security and peace) and rulers (who promised prosperity and justice). Dr. Azurin affirms that what we now call government "…was really just the final consequence of predatory acts.." for the upkeep of those obsessed with power and capable of tremendous violence.

These predatory acts seem endless and Intramuros is a favorite target of stationary bandits. That is one way of explaining the construction of a sports complex in a historical place protected by law. I have noted that these stationary bandits in our midst are experts in many predatory occupations and one of them is the utilization of public real estate for personal fame and gain. Dr. Azurin should add that to Veblen's evocative list. ([email protected])

Part I - http://www.mb.com.ph/issues/2007/03/06/OPED2007030688740.html
Part II - http://www.mb.com.ph/OPED2007030888926.html

·
Registered
606 Posts
Stationary bandits in Intramuros

Manila Bulletin, Thursday, 8 March 2007
Landscape
by Gemma Cruz Araneta

"STATIONARY Bandits" (Platypus, 2007) is the sinister title of Rene Azurin’s provocative book on political power. He was appointed member of the 2005 Consultative Commission which was mandated to propose revisions to the Constitution. However, to the chagrin of the present dispensation, he penned the Dissenting Report, in behalf of six others; Magnificent Seven, they were called.

In his thought-provoking book, Dr. Azurin tackled the intrinsic value of "deadlocks" against "efficiency" and other thorny issues that evolved around Cha-cha (Charter change). What I found most elucidating was his description of why governments came about, and how a minority became hegemonic, even in a socalled democratic society like ours. Though it gives a semblance of democracy, the voting power of a loose majority is no match to the entrenched clique of stationary bandits that monopolizes and controls the distribution and utilization of our country’s wealth and resources.

The "power motive" is a stationary bandit’s boundless source of energy that propels him/her to the summit and once firmly on the saddle will hold on to power at all costs. Dr. Azurin clearly showed that the Charter change (Cha-cha) scheme that aims to junk the current presidential system of checks and balances for a unicameral parliament has only one beneficiary — the bloc of stationary bandits in power. It is imperative that we strengthen and not destroy the institutional devices that guarantee the distribution of power to several groups.

While reading Dr. Azurin’s book (it merits more than superficial browsing) it suddenly dawned on me that Intramuros the Ever Loyal has become an endangered historical species because it has fallen prey to and has become the veritable lifeblood of despicable stationary bandits.

Do not even blink or you will miss the spectacle of a sports complex rising from the ex-moat of Intramuros, behind the Rizal shrine but outside the walls and near the clubhouse of the golf course of the Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA). Could the golf course be losing money because of competition? Is open space so irresistible specially when it is part of historical sites and settings? Or, is it deliberate ignorance of Presidential Decree 1616 which protects Philippine heritage?

So far, information about this dubious project is scanty and confused: It costs eighty five million pesos and is allegedly the brainchild of PTA Genereal Manager Dean Barbers who rammed the project through despite the objections of the PTA board. Department of Tourism (DOT) Secretary, Ace Durano, head of the PTA board, was reported to have sent GM Barbers a letter ordering him to cancel the project, but it has remained unheeded. Domidador Ferrer, head of Intramuros Administration (attached agency of the DOT with the Secretary as board chairman) supposedly sent GM Barbers a "stoppage" letter, truly uncharacteristic of such an astute bureaucrat/businessman. Not a peep out of the National Historical Institute nor the National Commission on Culture and the Arts, government agencies mandated by law to protect national patrimony.

Coincidentally, the disquieting news about this latest defilement of Intramuros came while I was plowing through STATIONARY BANDITS (Platypus, 2007), Dr. Rene Azurin's compelling book on political power. Quoting a few philosopher-economists, Dr. Azurin explained the "predatory" as opposed to "productive" nature of a certain class of people and listed (Thorstein Veblen's) predatory occupations as "government, war, sports and devout observances."

The provocative phrase "stationary bandits" was coined bv Mancur Olson in his rather cynical description of how governments were born, "…in places where a single powerful bandit was able to drive away all other roving gangs of bandits from a particular territory and effectively impose a monopoly on banditry in the area…" On the other hand, economist Olson articulated that total control by one bandit (and his cronies) is preferable to the chaos created byroving gangs of bandits committing random acts of violence.

Dispel that romantic notion we learned in school about governments being "social contracts" between subjects (who willingly ceded freedom in exchange for security and peace) and rulers (who promised prosperity and justice). Dr. Azurin affirms that what we now call government "…was really just the final consequence of predatory acts.." for the upkeep of those obsessed with power and capable of tremendous violence.

These predatory acts seem endless and Intramuros is a favorite target of stationary bandits. That is one way of explaining the construction of a sports complex in a historical place protected by law. I have noted that these stationary bandits in our midst are experts in many predatory occupations and one of them is the utilization of public real estate for personal fame and gain. Dr. Azurin should add that to Veblen's evocative list. ([email protected])

Part I - http://www.mb.com.ph/issues/2007/03/06/OPED2007030688740.html
Part II - http://www.mb.com.ph/OPED2007030888926.html

·
Filius Dei
2,621 Posts
ALERT! ALERT!

I got this from my blog:

From a certain Chris Beloria

i really have a passion of old churches and St. Catherine de Alexandria of Carcar is my favorite. I happened to drop by last week on my way to Argao but to my surprise, the angels that have been lining up for almost a century were all gone. What happened?
Does anyone from Carcar care? Please do something.....
Kinsa man intawn ang responsible ana,,,,nganong gi guba man na without consulting the experts.....WAKE UP CARCARANONS.....its your heritage, don't let somebody take it away from you.

The Angels

·
Filius Dei
2,621 Posts
ALERT! ALERT!

I got this from my blog:

i really have a passion of old churches and St. Catherine de Alexandria of Carcar is my favorite. I happened to drop by last week on my way to Argao but to my surprise, the angels that have been lining up for almost a century were all gone. What happened?
Kinsa man intawn ang responsible ana,,,,nganong gi guba man na without consulting the experts.....WAKE UP CARCARANONS.....its your heritage, don't let somebody take it away from you.

The Angels

·
a.k.a Escolta Kid
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,214
^^ Oh God. My head is about to explode with all these bad news.

-----

I am posting a rather "sensitive and confidential" information but swore to my friend that I will not reveal his true identity for security reasons:

"There is no building permit. Have talked to the Intramuros Admin and the Building Permit office of City Hall. The work has been stopped by the IA with the support of Durano. Went to the site earlier and
talked to the workers and that seems to be the case, they're just lying
around waiting for orders from the "chief" who they say is Barbers to
say start again.

Anyway, the stoppage is to last 15 days. Started at March 5. In
those 15 days the PTA should apply for a building permit from the IA
that will be signed by the Building Permit office IF the permit gets
approved.

As of now, the persons I talked to say its labo that a building permit
will be issued because of the site is historical. . . but you know the
Philippines. . .

Anyway, for now unless the IA changes their tune and decides to give a
building permit. . . its a stalemate."

-----

So it's all in the hands of the Intramuros Administration. Knowing too well that there is a chance that IA will allow the construction of the sports complex, the people's initiative is the only hope, as the government cannot be counted on this issue anymore. The public has to do something as soon as possible.

Below are the contact details of the Administrator of the Intramuros Administration:

Mr. Dominador Ferrer
Administrator
Intramuros Administration
5th Floor, Palacio del Gobernador,
corner General Luna and Gen. Aduana Streets, Intramuros, Manila 1000

Tel. No. 5273155
Fax: 5273084
E-mail: [email protected]

We need your support fellow SSCers.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Wonderboy

·
a.k.a Escolta Kid
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,215
^^ Oh God. My head is about to explode with all these bad news.

-----

I am posting a rather "sensitive and confidential" information but swore to my friend that I will not reveal his true identity for security reasons:

"There is no building permit. Have talked to the Intramuros Admin and the Building Permit office of City Hall. The work has been stopped by the IA with the support of Durano. Went to the site earlier and
talked to the workers and that seems to be the case, they're just lying
around waiting for orders from the "chief" who they say is Barbers to
say start again.

Anyway, the stoppage is to last 15 days. Started at March 5. In
those 15 days the PTA should apply for a building permit from the IA
that will be signed by the Building Permit office IF the permit gets
approved.

As of now, the persons I talked to say its labo that a building permit
will be issued because of the site is historical. . . but you know the
Philippines. . .

Anyway, for now unless the IA changes their tune and decides to give a
building permit. . . its a stalemate."

-----

So it's all in the hands of the Intramuros Administration. Knowing too well that there is a chance that IA will allow the construction of the sports complex, the people's initiative is the only hope, as the government cannot be counted on this issue anymore. The public has to do something as soon as possible.

Below are the contact details of the Administrator of the Intramuros Administration:

Mr. Dominador Ferrer
Administrator
Intramuros Administration
5th Floor, Palacio del Gobernador,
corner General Luna and Gen. Aduana Streets, Intramuros, Manila 1000

Tel. No. 5273155
Fax: 5273084
E-mail: [email protected]

We need your support fellow SSCers.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Wonderboy

·
a.k.a Escolta Kid
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,216
ALERT! ALERT!

I got this from my blog:

Bro, I met a Carcar tour guide and heritage advocate mid last year. I still have her calling card. I'll send you her contact details so you can relay this message to her. Perhaps she can inform the authorities as well as her colleagues and fellow Carcar residents regarding the matter.

·
a.k.a Escolta Kid
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,217
ALERT! ALERT!

I got this from my blog:

Bro, I met a Carcar tour guide and heritage advocate mid last year. I still have her calling card. I'll send you her contact details so you can relay this message to her. Perhaps she can inform the authorities as well as her colleagues and fellow Carcar residents regarding the matter.

·
a.k.a Escolta Kid
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,218
Below are the contact details of Barbers:

Mr. Robert Dean S. Barbers, MNSA
General Manager/ Chief Executive Officer
Philippine Tourism Authority
Department of Tourism Building,
T.M. Kalaw Street, Teodoro F. Valencia Circle,
Ermita, Manila 1000

P.O. Box No. 1813 Manila

Trunkline: (0632) 5247141
Fax number: 5218113
Telex Number: 40183 DEPTOUR PM (c/o Department of Tourism)
E-mail Address: [email protected]

·
a.k.a Escolta Kid
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,219
Below are the contact details of Barbers:

Mr. Robert Dean S. Barbers, MNSA
General Manager/ Chief Executive Officer
Philippine Tourism Authority
Department of Tourism Building,
T.M. Kalaw Street, Teodoro F. Valencia Circle,
Ermita, Manila 1000

P.O. Box No. 1813 Manila

Trunkline: (0632) 5247141
Fax number: 5218113
Telex Number: 40183 DEPTOUR PM (c/o Department of Tourism)
E-mail Address: [email protected]

·
Registered
606 Posts
From my blog: Hello Ivan, the following I read from our local paper, Baguio Midland Courier. There will be a public hearing on the proposed multi-level parking area in Burnham on March 14 at 1 p.m. at the City Hall. I hope a Heritage representative can come to contribute to the hearing. Regards, Resty Refuerzo

2201 - 2220 of 7885 Posts