Votes: 5 29.4%

Votes: 12 70.6%
41 - 60 of 7912 Posts

·
a.k.a Escolta Kid
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Monte de Piedad

Another prewar structure on the ‘endangered’ list is the Monte de Piedad building located at Ongpin Street, Sta. Cruz, Manila. Although, the building is still in use and is now owned by Keppel Bank, this piece of gem in downtown Manila has been neglected through the years.

Aside from the fact that Monte de Piedad badly needs thorough cleaning and a paint job, proper restoration should also be done to save the building.

I would also like to encourage everyone to post some photos here or articles related to heritage conservation.

·
a.k.a Escolta Kid
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Monte de Piedad

Another prewar structure on the ‘endangered’ list is the Monte de Piedad building located at Ongpin Street, Sta. Cruz, Manila. Although, the building is still in use and is now owned by Keppel Bank, this piece of gem in downtown Manila has been neglected through the years.

Aside from the fact that Monte de Piedad badly needs thorough cleaning and a paint job, proper restoration should also be done to save the building.

I would also like to encourage everyone to post some photos here or articles related to heritage conservation.

·
Proud to be Filipino
4,821 Posts
Wonderboy said:
A close colleague mentioned that UST really should put up HCS chapter since the UST admins/ board of directors are putting up gymnasiums, courts, etc. without giving much importance to the fact that the entire UST should be declared a heritage site.
but I think that UST's move on continuous construction is very conscious on the kind of structure that they build... one example is the multilevel parking in front of the UST Hospital.. I believe that they have designed it to match the Main Bldgs architecture... though I haven't seen the finish product yet...

but I agree that UST should be a heritage site... that is why I would agree with Manila's city council on not allowing an overhead rail system along Espana Blvd because it might block the view of the university...

·
Proud to be Filipino
4,821 Posts
Wonderboy said:
A close colleague mentioned that UST really should put up HCS chapter since the UST admins/ board of directors are putting up gymnasiums, courts, etc. without giving much importance to the fact that the entire UST should be declared a heritage site.
but I think that UST's move on continuous construction is very conscious on the kind of structure that they build... one example is the multilevel parking in front of the UST Hospital.. I believe that they have designed it to match the Main Bldgs architecture... though I haven't seen the finish product yet...

but I agree that UST should be a heritage site... that is why I would agree with Manila's city council on not allowing an overhead rail system along Espana Blvd because it might block the view of the university...

·
1,105 Posts
Wonderboy said:
There are other structures particularly in San Fernando, Pampanga that should be preserved. I went there last December for a writing assignment and man, the locals should be informed that their province is rich in culture and history.
madami talaga, ung mga old houses na iba... and also in angeles city, good thing there this center for kapampangan studies...

·
1,105 Posts
Wonderboy said:
There are other structures particularly in San Fernando, Pampanga that should be preserved. I went there last December for a writing assignment and man, the locals should be informed that their province is rich in culture and history.
madami talaga, ung mga old houses na iba... and also in angeles city, good thing there this center for kapampangan studies...

·
1,105 Posts
pau_p1 said:

well, ung Multi level parking in front of UST is more like a modern structure to me, di sya mukhang ni match sa main building... and also the new building being build in front of USt library, ung student center, modern na ung dating nya, tinakpan pa ung view ng USt library from dapitan...

·
1,105 Posts
pau_p1 said:

well, ung Multi level parking in front of UST is more like a modern structure to me, di sya mukhang ni match sa main building... and also the new building being build in front of USt library, ung student center, modern na ung dating nya, tinakpan pa ung view ng USt library from dapitan...

·
Couch Weight
3,069 Posts
Maybe you guys should check the Beirut thread. Beirut was known to the world as the Paris of the MidEast till a civil broke out in Lebanon during the 70s. The war destroyed virtually everything in the city. And now, even if they're still recovering from the war, Beirut is rapidly transforming into an elegant European-looking city. And take note, they're not a rich country at all.

·
Couch Weight
3,069 Posts
Maybe you guys should check the Beirut thread. Beirut was known to the world as the Paris of the MidEast till a civil broke out in Lebanon during the 70s. The war destroyed virtually everything in the city. And now, even if they're still recovering from the war, Beirut is rapidly transforming into an elegant European-looking city. And take note, they're not a rich country at all.

41 - 60 of 7912 Posts