SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously...do you see an issue?

I can't believe something so stupid could arise in CANADA. This story is making it internation and this school has made us look so stupid :S

Video
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
I think it's amazing that shit like this happens in Quebec, along with Muslims being assaulted in subway stations, Jewish schools being torched, etc etc, and nobody ever calls them out for being ********. If this happened in Calgary (which would never happen, not with four times the Asian population of Montreal per capita) the media would be all over it as an example of how "socially conservative" we are. You can firebomb a synagogue in Montreal and nobody gives a rat's ass. Amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
what the ****? "you can firebomb a synagogue in montreal and nobody gives a rat's ass?" i guess you selectively tuned out the mass outrage over that bombing when it occurred.

let's examine your examples, shall we?

- firebombing of jewish school -- committed by muslim teenager lashing out because of palestinian occupation

- attack on imam in the metro -- committed by a mentally unstable latin american immigrant who had previously been ordered deported

anything else you want to add in your attempt to portray montrealers as bigoted ******** who have it out for the poor immigrants who are tricked into settling here?

every example of intolerance you cite from montreal i can counter with one from toronto or vancouver. of course, that's not going to stop you because you trollishly attack montreal at every turn -- not only here but on SSP as well.
 

·
The good old days are now
Joined
·
476 Posts
^^
Well said. This issue is not a Montreal or Quebec thing. Something like this could have happened anywhere, even Calgary, just like Montreal. But in most cities something like this is extremley rare. The media has broadcasted this news story, and most people believe that this was a racist act. Where's the special treatment for Montreal? The whole special treatment thing is a big myth. If this had happened in another city the exact same news story would have come out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,365 Posts
'If this happened in Calgary'

Because as well know, Calgary is god's country!! Nothing bad ever happens to them there folk!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
furrycanuck said:
I think it's amazing that shit like this happens in Quebec, along with Muslims being assaulted in subway stations, Jewish schools being torched, etc etc, and nobody ever calls them out for being ********. If this happened in Calgary (which would never happen, not with four times the Asian population of Montreal per capita) the media would be all over it as an example of how "socially conservative" we are. You can firebomb a synagogue in Montreal and nobody gives a rat's ass. Amazing.
How retarted are you! I understand you are a teacher so that does explain alot! Teachers are funny! They put themselves on a pedistal! Because they teach children! But that takes them so far from reality in there own minds they have no common sense! You my friend are a perfect example of this!
Trying too tell people how too spell on the forum or slamming a great city like Montreal ( a place you probably have not been!)
Funny thing too the biggest nimby where I live is a University-college teacher here in Nanaimo and what a joke he has turned out too be!
Think before you speak! I love Montreal! :yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,741 Posts
Can I ask this?? Uh, why is there such animosity between Montreal and the rest of Canada? :? It seems that way to me, from a lot of other comments I've read over the years. Being that I do not live in or near Canada anymore, I guess I'm missing something. Am I? :)
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,365 Posts
StevenW said:
Can I ask this?? Uh, why is there such animosity between Montreal and the rest of Canada?
Montréal speaks French, Canada speaks English. It's sort of a lack of understanding on both parts. Québec and TROC are quite different places.
 

·
www.mtlurb.com
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
furrycanuck said:
I think it's amazing that shit like this happens in Quebec, along with Muslims being assaulted in subway stations, Jewish schools being torched, etc etc, and nobody ever calls them out for being ********. If this happened in Calgary (which would never happen, not with four times the Asian population of Montreal per capita) the media would be all over it as an example of how "socially conservative" we are. You can firebomb a synagogue in Montreal and nobody gives a rat's ass. Amazing.
you are a teacher? what a fucking shame.

do us a favor and stop posting.
 

·
www.mtlurb.com
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
btw, its a kid going to a private school. Its fucking great that they teach kids proper etiquette. ITS A KID, its supposed to be shouted at and teached how to do things proprely. Do you really believe the lady knew that everyone in philipine or xyz country eats this or that way and all that happened in spite?

Its not like an adult in a restaurant was told to stop eating the way he did.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
229 Posts
Those who believe themselves to be oppressed, never have any problem oppressing others.
This is especially true when they believe their culture is the only true culture.

A few words from the truly humble Mr. Ping.
 

·
www.mtlurb.com
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
MisterPing said:
Those who believe themselves to be oppressed, never have any problem oppressing others.
This is especially true when they believe their culture is the only true culture.

A few words from the truly humble Mr. Ping.
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
malek said:
btw, its a kid going to a private school. Its fucking great that they teach kids proper etiquette. ITS A KID, its supposed to be shouted at and teached how to do things proprely. Do you really believe the lady knew that everyone in philipine or xyz country eats this or that way and all that happened in spite?

Why does it matter if the lady didn't know? The fact is, the school is defending her actions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,741 Posts
vid said:
Montréal speaks French, Canada speaks English. It's sort of a lack of understanding on both parts. Québec and TROC are quite different places.
ok. That's too bad. I would of thought each place would cherish one another's uniqueness and brag about it, instead. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,365 Posts
StevenW said:
ok. That's too bad. I would of thought each place would cherish one another's uniqueness and brag about it, instead. :D
I love Quebec, but apparently, there are many (my entire family minus myself) that think they're worse than 'n-word'. Sad, really.

Everyone ignore Malek. He's been acting much more immaturely than usual lately.
 

·
www.mtlurb.com
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
doady said:
Why does it matter if the lady didn't know? The fact is, the school is defending her actions.
rightly so, its a god damn school, a place where kids learn to live with others and behave. Canada in general lacks rigidity on kids education and "savoir vivre", every kid behave like a little king who's entitled every right.

filipinos don't like canadian ways? they can open their own school like the armenians, jews, greek, muslims, etc.
 

·
www.mtlurb.com
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
vid said:
Everyone ignore Malek. He's been acting much more immaturely than usual lately.
yeah, i express myself without the political correctness canadians are plagued with... you don't like it? don't read.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top