Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
603 Posts
I thought that one of those "twins" was Comcast but did not know about the other. That's good news for Philly. As a New Yorker, Philly is one of the few US cities that I like. It's like NY's little cousin.

·
Registered
188 Posts
ReddAlert said:
Can someone say.....3rd best in North America????
Are you kidding? Toronto will kill Philadelphia in terms of skyline in 2007. It already is and there is a hell of a lot more going on in T.O construction wise.

Mandeville Place is a great addition though, to an already great skyline.

·
Intriged by life.
134 Posts
philly is so kick ass! i went last summer and had a great time the ppl there seemed generally very nice, we drove there (from T.O) and while we were there we got stuck in traffic on a highway and like 5 different cars noticed our ontario plates and started conversations with us :) went to a skinny puppy show at the electric house?? or something like that and everyone was sooooooooo nice .... the city was so pretty and green. i would love to go again. cant wait to see philly grow!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Rockefeller, I never said that philly was having a bigger construction boom than Toronto. I'm happy for Toronto. But I'm also happy for Philly.

·
Registered
188 Posts
*Sweetkisses* said:
Rockefeller, I never said that philly was having a bigger construction boom than Toronto. I'm happy for Toronto. But I'm also happy for Philly.
Definately you should be. I was just making the point that as a result of the construction boom, the T.O skyline is going to be a lot bigger, denser and more impressive than it already is and should leave little doubt that it is #3 in NA. An earlier poster (I was responding to his post specifically) indicated that Philly would be #3 and I thought that was a little far fetched given all that has, is and will be constructed in TO.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rockefeller said:
Definately you should be. I was just making the point that as a result of the construction boom, the T.O skyline is going to be a lot bigger, denser and more impressive than it already is and should leave little doubt that it is #3 in NA. An earlier poster (I was responding to his post specifically) indicated that Philly would be #3 and I thought that was a little far fetched given all that has, is and will be constructed in TO.

There's no prize for Toronto having the third best skyline. The comparison friction on this site is irritating. It's a fruitless point and no good can come out of my boat is bigger than your boat mentality.

That being said the rendering is pretty slick and Toronto is a great city

1 - 20 of 44 Posts