1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AsianDragons said:
dangkao is so small 1km^2 you can walk from one side to another in 10 minutes
Are u kidding? It is 10 kms longs. Look at the measurement in the map

·
In the br i g
2,250 Posts
It is interesting see that the map does not show the rivers. Well, that is why it's called district map.

·
In the br i g
2,250 Posts
i see koh dach in part of phnom penh now, they could build another koh pich there
I've always had idea that the PPIA should be moved to that Koh Dach. Two runways and BIG modern terminals could be built there. Also, an airport city could also be built there too. However, lots of lands have to be bought. Having said that, people living there should be compensated fairly.

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
i see koh dach in part of phnom penh now, they could build another koh pich there
This places should definitely be reserve for a future airport/shipping terminal, and possibly a amusement park, beaches, etc.

Is it mainly flat? Does it have any flood concern?

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
I've always had idea that the PPIA should be moved to that Koh Dach. Two runways and BIG modern terminals could be built there. Also, an airport city could also be built there too. However, lots of lands have to be bought. Having said that, people living there should be compensated fairly.
What is the current population of the island?

·
Oz-Asian
6,226 Posts
This places should definitely be reserve for a future airport/shipping terminal, and possibly a amusement park, beaches, etc.

Is it mainly flat? Does it have any flood concern?
yes flood concerns, did remember the weather news from last time where the city was inundated and rising river levels but the biggest problem is the xayabouri dam in laos

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
I don't think it need to be part of phnom penh to be a site for PPIA, it is 15km for the city, so it is within reach.

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
^^ airport is a bad idea because of expansion reasons, the island is not that big, due to changing tides
If there are enough dry land, then it is possible. If the island get completely flooded every 50 years or something, then it had no hope.

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
yes flood concerns, did remember the weather news from last time where the city was inundated and rising river levels but the biggest problem is the xayabouri dam in laos
Can you explain how is the xayabouri dam affected the feasibility of airport (or any serious development) in this island?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts