SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name : To be decided
Project developer: Yung Chung Real Estate (China)
Number of floor: 78
Height : 300m
Location: Phnom Penh, Tonlé Basac (behind “The Bridge” building

These two picture were published on Cambodia Skylines FB September 21, 2016

I think that this project is under construction. According to this video, the building U/C wrapped in blue, behind the Bridge, is probably the 78-storey tower project described in discussion extracted I quote below.

Published on Apr 23, 2017 by Youtube HelpKCreator

«A 78-storey commercial building will rise from the ashes for the first time in Phnom Penh where construction will begin in early 2017. This will add to the estimated 600 existing tall buildings – living up to the Asian Development Bank’s designation of Cambodia as “Asia’s New Tiger Economy.”

A staff of the Yung Chung Company who does not wish to be named said that “the building design has been completed, and the construction is scheduled to begin in early 2017. The development will reach total completion by 2021, but its showroom will be launched in November this year.” He added that “this building will be a mixed-use development and will include shopping malls, condominiums, hotels, as well as a swimming pool and a rotated restaurant on the 78th floor.”

He continues, “The detailed plans of using this building was completed, but details are still confidential at the moment. This project has already been approved by the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction.”

Seng Lot, the spokesman for the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction confirms, “The ministry has already agreed to provide a license for Yung Chung Real Estate to construct a building of 78 floors.”
She [Ann Sothida, director of CBRE Cambodia] added that with the company’s innovative approach of the building though, this project should not have any problems in the Cambodian market once it is completed
. . According to her, the project will be located behind “The Bridge” building, which is near Diamond Island (Koh Pich)[/. However, she did not show the feature details of the plan

http://realestate.com.kh/news/78-storey-commercial-building-construction-will-start-early-next-year/

·
Registered
222 Posts
^^
this is Bali Scenery Phase 5 35fls
and next to this phase the land has clear for 78fls
and for the 68fls now under construction behind the rose condo
construction all day and night

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:banana:
^^
this is Bali Scenery Phase 5 35fls
and next to this phase the land has clear for 78fls
and for the 68fls now under construction behind the rose condo
construction all day and night
Great news for PP. Thank you kmr123 for clarification. Please help by updating good news as often as you can.
BTV, do you have the official name and the latest rendering of this 68 floors project U/C?
Again, thank you.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glory International Cente?

Yuan Chuang Real Estate is a developer from China with more than 25 years of real estate development. We are now entering Cambodian market and developing a landmark project here.
Our first project "Glory International Center" in Cambodia includes shopping mall, condo,hotel with revolving restaurant and world's highest infinity pool on rooftop. It's second highest building with 78 storey after 133 storey building.
http://www.cvea.org.kh/en/member/member.html?pro_id=107

Phnom Penh Skyline
Phnom Penh Skyline អាគារនេះនៅខាងក្រោយ The Bridge 45
The TBD សាងសង់បាន 20 ជាន់ហើយ
Like · Reply · 7 hrs

https://www.facebook.com/PPS.Realestae/

·
Registered
519 Posts
how is it going?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Now this project downgrade from 78 to 48 :lol:
and change name from Glory International to V Galaxy International
i will post pic soon

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
???

Caution! Some Facebook with word Skyline in the name used to publish fake news with dubious pictures without indicating the sources. I have felt the victim of that malpractice not long ago. Please carefully check if the sources are reliable sources.

I don't know what to believe as we've got contradictory news today from Reaksmey Kampuchea in Khmer. The news states that the project will start only next year. Here the link to the article with the same old picture and the text in English (from Google Translate):

រាជធានី​ភ្នំពេញ​នឹងមាន​អគារ​កម្ពស់​៧៨​ជាន់​ថ្មី​មួយ​ ​
October 28, 2017

Phnom Penh will have a new 78-storey building
October 28, 2017

(​ភ្នំពេញ​)៖ ក្រុមហ៊ុន​យាន​ឆ័ង គ្រុប​នឹង​សាងសង់​មជ្ឈមណ្ឌល​ពាណិជ្ជកម្ម​ថ្មី​មួយទៀត ដែលមាន​កម្ពស់​៧៨​ជាន់​នៅ​ទីក្រុង​ភ្នំពេញ​នាពេល​ខាងមុខនេះ​ខណៈ​ក្រុមហ៊ុន​កំពុង​សិក្សា​ពី​ការងារ​លំអិត ដើម្បី​សាងសង់​អគារ​នេះ​ប្រកបដោយ​សោភ័ណភាព និង​គុណភាព​។

​លោក​ផូ សម្បត្តិ​ ​តំណាង​ក្រុមហ៊ុន​យាន ឆ័ង​ប្រចាំ​កម្ពុជា ជា​ក្រុមហ៊ុន​ដែល​នឹង​វិនិយោគ​សាង​សង់អ​គារ​នេះ​បាន​ថ្លែង​ឲ្យ​ដឹង​តាម​ទូរស័ព្ទ​​កាលពី​ល្ងាច​ថ្ងៃ​ម្សិល​មិញ​ថា ការសាងសង់​អគារ​នេះ នឹង​ចាប់ផ្តើម​នៅ​ចុងឆ្នាំ​២០១៨ ដោយសារ​អគារ​នេះ​ជា​អគារ​ខ្ពស់​ហេតុនេះ​ទើប​​ក្រុមហ៊ុន​បាននិងកំពុង​គិតគូ​យ៉ាង​យកចិត្តទុកដាក់​ពី​មូលដ្ឋានគ្រឹះ និង​គ្រឿង​បង្គុំ​របស់​អគារ​នេះ​ដោយ​ម៉ត់ចត់​បំផុត​ដើម្បី​បញ្ចៀស​​ហានិភ័យ​ផ្សេងៗ​។​

Full text here: http://www.rasmeinews.com

(Phnom Penh): Yuan Chhang Group will build a new 78-storey commercial center in Phnom Penh in the near future as the company is studying. From the detailed work to build this aesthetic and quality.

Phou Sambath, representative of Yuanchiang Cambodia, a company that will invest in the building, said by phone last week. The building will begin at the end of 2018 because the building is a high tower, so the company has been paying close attention. From the foundations and units The building with the most rigorous to avoid any risk.

"The building is expected to cost more than $ 200 million and will cost about four to five years," he said. So we expect the building to function in 2023 or 2024, "he said." The building will be a diversified trading center that includes Shopping malls, condominiums, hotels and offices. "

The 78-storey GLORY Business Center is located next to The Bridge in Tonle Bassac Khan Chamkarmorn.

"I believe this project will be successful because in the future, when this building is completed, Cambodians will decide to live in a condo," Mr. Sambath said. The bigger the condo, the more mixed services available for living. "" In the future, the apartment will be worth the price,"he said. To 30 to 400 thousand So they decided to live in lower-cost condos and comfortable living. "

He said that the company had thoroughly been studying the construction of the building, preventing natural disasters, as Cambodia now has strong winds. The design of the building is therefore essential to ensure the safety and international standard of this great building. /

·
Registered
222 Posts
Please tell us where did you get this news from?
I didn't find V Galaxy International anywhere on the internet beside that is in the Skyscrapercity.
I live in Phnom Penh, so is the reason that i know any information about that
project.
There are many unknown project that you can not find the information on the internet. and for the rendering of v galaxy is not my design, i get it from
that place behind the bridge next to the Bali scenery
Finally i believe what i see not just believe what i heard.

·
Registered
414 Posts
So are V Galaxy International and Glory Business Center two different projects in the end?

New 78-storey building complex planned for capital

A $200 million, 78-storey building containing condominiums, shopping malls, apartments, hotels and offices is being planned for Phnom Penh.

Po Sambath, a representative of the Yung Chung Company that will construct the building, said construction will start by the end of next year.

He said that due to the height of the proposed building, the company has been carefully considering the technical details of the foundations and other components to avoid any risks and to make sure the construction meets international standards.

The building, called the Glory Business Center, will be located next to The Bridge in the Tonle Bassac commune in the capital.

“The construction cost will be about $200 million and the construction will take from four to five years, so we expect it to be 2023 or 2024 for it to be operational,” he said.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5088724/new-78-storey-building-complex-planned-capital/

I believe behind the Bridge there could be room for two projects in Cambodian standards. The Bridge is really wide.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Phnom Penh | V Galaxy International | 48 fl | Approved
Name :
To be decided
Project Developer: Yung Chung Real Estate (China)
Number of Floors: 78
Height: 300m
Location: Tonlé Basac (behind “The Bridge” building), Phnom Penh
It is not pretty at all SeeMacau... You have to decide. A project cannot have 48 floors in the thread name and 78 floors in the description at the same time.
Please put it in order.
I understand that you did not have enough time for that, but confusions or contradictions are not acceptable.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Phnom Penh Post and also the government news agency AKP repeated yesterday that The Glory Project, 78 floors is still alive.
[The] landmark will lift its hold on construction by the end of 2018 following a decision by investors to reorganise the project and redesign the structure.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-property/skyscraper-construction-delayed-until-end-2018

Here the article published by AKP:

Phnom Penh To Have New 78-Storey Building

AKP Phnom Penh, November 01, 2017 –

Phnom Penh capital is expecting a new skyscraper worth over US$200 million – a committed investment by a Chinese private company, according to local media report.

Representative of the company Mr. Pho Sambath, was quoted in the source unveiling that the construction of the 78-storey building will begin in late 2018 and finish by 2023 or 2024.

Located in Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkar Mon, downtown Phnom Penh, he added, the high-rise will accommodate apartments, condominiums, hotels, offices, shopping malls and beyond.

Mr. Pho Sambath is positive that the building will be able to attract its clients, thanks to its convenient location and service, and reasonable pricing.

In the same source, Ms. Ann Sothida, Director of a commercial real estate service and investment company known as CBRE Cambodia, welcomed the investment project and appreciate its serious market study.

Cambodia is ready to host investment projects, especially those beneficial to the people, she continued.

By Lim Nary

·
descendant from heaven
84,363 Posts
Don't know why someone reported it to my attention, I guess he wanted me to post it here...

Reason:
This is a misunderstanding of the location. 78 floor is another one of the project while V Galaxy is built on s small piece of land , only 2700 m2. This small land should not be approved to build more than 30 storeys according to the state law. SO do not mistake these two projects.
Post: Phnom Penh | V Galaxy International | 48 fl | Approved
Forum: Projects & Construction
Assigned Moderators: SeeMacau, David-80, ukiyo

·
33,482 Posts
^^ This project is most likely to be approved by the authority or the district land office, unless there are regulations to guide the building construction to restrict the use of buildings or imply any control on the building heights - Floor-Area Ratio and Building Coverage Ratio etc.

Le Bassac is very close to the Independent Monument and this project was approved.

Le Bassac
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=2040986

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this location very clearly since I am working as real estate agent. V Galaxy is owned by a Taiwanese investor while Glory International is owned by Mainland Chinese.
These two project is adjacent to each other. There are 3 pieces of land available for development. V Galaxy is owned by TK Royal , a Taiwanese who develop TK Royal in front of RUPP and now is planing to develop a project in BKKI. Please do not guess if you don't know in order not to give fake news to the public. The picture of V Galaxy is only advertised on their land front only, there are 2 more pieces of land that are still vacant.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know this location very clearly since I am working as real estate agent. V Galaxy is owned by a Taiwanese investor while Glory International is owned by Mainland Chinese.
These two project is adjacent to each other. There are 3 pieces of land available for development. V Galaxy is owned by TK Royal , a Taiwanese who develop TK Royal in front of RUPP and now is planing to develop a project in BKKI. Please do not guess if you don't know in order not to give fake news to the public. The picture of V Galaxy is only advertised on their land front only, there are 2 more pieces of land that are still vacant.
That makes more sense to me. Thank you so much for helping us to understand who's who in that location.

·
33,482 Posts
Excerpt from Phnom Penh Post

Another project whose conspicuous delay has raised questions is the Glory Business Centre, a 78-storey multi-purpose tower capped with a revolving restaurant set to cast a tall shadow over a cluster of nearly completed skyscrapers in Tonle Bassac commune. The site was hastily cleared following the project’s announcement last year but has remained empty ever since, with no sign of telltale equipment or building materials.

Po Sambath, a representative of Yung Chung Real Estate Cambodia, the Chinese developer behind the $200 million project, could not be reached this week. However, he previously insisted it was unfair to describe the apparent lack of progress as a delay as the company had never set an official date for the start of construction.

“The company is now redesigning the building’s plan as it is a tall building, therefore the technical aspects require attention to ensure a smooth and successful construction process,” he said previously. “We are working on preparing a schedule.”

1 - 20 of 27 Posts