Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 2nd flyover at Pet Lork Sang intersection (the junction of Road 271 and Road 598) is planned to be built very soon. After several meetings with OCIC, the development company of Koh Pich Center and the contractor for Kbal Thnol flyover, Phnom Penh Capital Hall decided to propose to the Royal Governor for the construction of this 2nd flyover with 345m length, 15.2m width, and 5.50m height; it will cost about 8.7million USD.

This flyover will play very significant role in facilitating heavy traffic at this intersection. It is noticeably that Phnom Penh cooperated with JICA experts have tried very hard to solve the traffic congestion at this point; however, it still does not work well yet.

It will take at least 15 months to construct this new flyover to be ready for the next coming ASEAN Summit 2012.

·
MBRkhmer
1,262 Posts
It's look cool...! Nice design but better should build also the tunnel because still have some complain... Example: people drive from Ta Khmao to Monivong street they still need to cross the new monivong bridge and cross back by the old bridge...! Lolz!!!!!!!

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts
i've been waiting this project long ago, finally the city hall has revealed the plan. Is it the finalised plan?

I heard the city hall plans to build serveral overpass in the near future. And the next step should be tunnel :)
Tunnels cost a lot more then bridges to construct, we still have lots of flooding problems, so tunnels will be very tricky.

Finally, we see what the bridge should looks like, looks quite good, I live very close to this, got to get ready for massive traffic delay for the at least the next 2 years, before things improve.

·
Naked dream :)
10,975 Posts
yeah yeah.....that is very common....if you have less money,let's buid overpass, if you have alots of money,lets buid traffic tunnel.

Overpass is a vey basic item to decrease traffic jam pressure,while waiting for MRT,skyway....let's build more and more overpasses as possible^^.
Look like this overpass has 4 lanes,right?^^

A crossriver tunnel really expensive and require very high skill to build, yes, PP need Japanese help,support:), don't worry about flooding problems, every traffic tunnel have anti-flooding engine!

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts
A crossriver tunnel really expensive and require very high skill to build,
Depends on the soils, if it is hardrock, the work will be easier, if is wet soils, then could be slightly more difficult.

don't worry about flooding problems, every traffic tunnel have anti-flooding engine!
Yes, every tunnels has some sort of pumping system to remove water, but it need a place to displaced the water. If we can not get rid of water on the surfaces, then you have no chance to do it underground.

·
Registered
473 Posts
By looking at the picture, People come from Peth Lork Sang and Kampuchea Krom can't make a left turn to get to the airport anymore ! They probably have to make a u-turn at the roundabout in Tralork Bek to get back on Russian Federation boulevard.

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts
By looking at the picture, People come from Peth Lork Sang and Kampuchea Krom can't make a left turn to get to the airport anymore ! They probably have to make a u-turn at the roundabout in Tralork Bek to get back on Russian Federation boulevard.
People form Kampuchea Krom will need to find its way onto Russian Boulevard before they reach the bridge, at street 265 or something, but 265 is too small, it is bettter to use Mao Se Tuong to get to RFB.

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts
Why do they need to remove those big advertisment sign in Lion Park, I don't think it is in anyway in the way of the bridge, or construction of the bridge.

I suppose those huge ads on the traffic island is in the way, but is hard to understand why the Lion Park ads need to be remove.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Underpass?

I came across the following story about the underpass.
The underpass goes under a street and not over it.
Why the writer is so lazy to look up the meaning of a particular word!!

Phnom Penh To Build Underpass

Phnom Penh, December 31, 2010 AKP --

Phnom Penh Municipality is planning to construct the first ever underpass to avert the capital city’s traffic congestion, Phnom Penh Governor H.E. Kep Chutema said yesterday.

Today there are around 2.5 million residents, 180,000 vehicles and 900,000 motorbikes in Phnom Penh, therefore underpass is one of the choices to be applied in the future, he said.

Nhem Saran, director of Phnom Penh Public Works and Transport said the underpass would be built at the intersection between Mao Tse Tung, Kim Il Sung and Russian Federation Boulevards. --AKP

·
Registered
579 Posts

Phnom Penh, December 31, 2010 AKP --

Phnom Penh Municipality is planning to construct the first ever underpass to avert the capital city’s traffic congestion, Phnom Penh Governor H.E. Kep Chutema said yesterday.

Today there are around 2.5 million residents, 180,000 vehicles and 900,000 motorbikes in Phnom Penh, therefore underpass is one of the choices to be applied in the future, he said.

Nhem Saran, director of Phnom Penh Public Works and Transport said the underpass would be built at the intersection between Mao Tse Tung, Kim Il Sung and Russian Federation Boulevards. --AKP
So we will have a tunnel in the near future :) hope to see elevated expressway coming next hehe

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts

This articles does not seems to be talking about the bridge in this thread.

If is this bridge, it will be the 2nd in PP, if is the first, is clearly not a bridge.

I really do wonder which country did they copies these terms form...

Skybridge, overpass, underpasss, etc.

The traffic problems in PP isn't the number of people, is the number of people that doesn't follow traffic laws, if we could confiscate all bikes and cars that repeatly break the law, PP traffic will be reduce by at least 50% within a month.

[/quote]

The RFB and MTT intersect, and the traffic there isn't too bad now, after they widen the roads, for a smoother turn.

Where is Kim il Sung?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess I missunderstood the story. They were talking about a new crossing which will be an underpass. That is great!! Overpass, underpass and soon will be elevated freeway or tunnel!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
The Construction of Second Flyover Begins

Phnom Penh, December 29, 2010 AKP --

A ground-breaking ceremony to construct the second flyover at the intersection of Pet Lok Sang traffic light was held here today under the presidency of Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen.

This new flyover will contribute an important part in the socio-economic development and the reduction of traffic congestion in the area, said the Cambodian premier, adding that the construction’s budget is from the development of Koh Pich as it was done with the first flyover built along Monivong Blvd. adjacent to Monivong Bridge.

Samdech Techo Hun Sen further expressed the government’s determination in promoting the rehabilitation and the construction of physical infrastructure so that Cambodia’s infrastructure could catch up with that of neighboring countries in the near future.

The flyover with 345 meters long and 15.20 meters wide, in the middle of which there is a one way bridge with 160 meters long and 6.5 meters wide going to Kampuchea Krom Blvd., is expected to be completed by early 2012 and cost over US$8.7 million.

Phnom Penh Municipality has been also planning to build another flyover near Stung Meanchey Bridge. --AKP

PM is now focusing on infrastructure in Cambodia. If i am not mistaken the National Assembly had already ratified the law on compensation to the property which is affect the development project for public infractructure in order to ease the highway project from Vietnam border to Phnom Penh across Ratanakiri province.

We will have another flyover in Stung MeanChey

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think The messy of car park along the road, some people dont obey the traffic law. This cause the traffic in pp more serious. The Road in pp is big enough If people park thier car in appropriate place, i think

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,079 Posts
I think The messy of car park along the road, some people dont obey the traffic law. This cause the traffic in pp more serious. The Road in pp is big enough If people park thier car in appropriate place, i think
Agree,

Parking is a serious issues, especially the Tok Tok and Motor Tok, they tends to stop in the smaller lane, and makes it hard to drive inside.

The local culture likes to use the part of the street to organised their wedding and funerals, it cause so much traffic issues.

Lots of people don't follow (or don't understand) traffic law at all, driving on the wrong side of the street create a lot of problems, government tackle the issue by putting concrete curb in the middle of the road, this makes the road move dangerous.

People that don't follow traffic light is what cause the traffic chaos in this particular intersection.

1 - 20 of 304 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.