SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1873 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's why i told you guys were confuse!
that park still there
and i heard that the PNP municipality allow
OCIC to develope the park into underground shopping
center,.. so far probably after Vattanac bank finish its
construction as for now they use part of the park for
putting their construction materials.

^^
I thought Vatannac Tower were next to OCIC Tower. If you look at Sopheaktr video, you can see that the park area and the area that cHemon mark are all under construction.

·
Premium Member
34,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It is good they only use the park for putting their construction materials. Soon or later we will be able to see the park again, once the construction of the tower completed :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That's why i told you guys were confuse!
that park still there
and i heard that the PNP municipality allow
OCIC to develope the park into underground shopping
center,.. so far probably after Vattanac bank finish its
construction as for now they use part of the park for
putting their construction materials.
Thanks for making this clear! So it's good that they not gonna build high-rise on the park. I also heard that news too that they gonna build shopping center, but i heard it somewhere near Phsar Chas(old market).

·
Premium Member
34,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Another good thing is that I see a crane in the fenced-off area. This means the construction of the tower is on-going.
You are right !! :)

2010/5/2

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
In a few years, Monivong will have OCIC, DC Royal, Vattanac and GT 42. That is four buildings of 30+ stories. Also Phnom Penh Tower is not low rise either. 22 stories will definitely stands out in the skyline.

·
Oz-Asian
6,226 Posts
In a few years, Monivong will have OCIC, DC Royal, Vattanac and GT 42. That is four buildings of 30+ stories. Also Phnom Penh Tower is not low rise either. 22 stories will definitely stands out in the skyline.
Skyscrapers aren't everything, Cambodia needs a lot of other important things
there should be parks and cycling paths like Melbourne.

Why should Cambodia look like Shanghai, which is full of skyscrapers, Cambodia doesn't need it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I don't know how you all get infromation of Vatanak tower from?
For me, I'm sure that the crane and the 2 temporary houses (inside grey fence) for workers are belong to OCIC tower and it's was build on public garden.

The blue fence (Protecting wall) yes it's belong to Vatanak tower and inside that just only the same action since the begining, nothing much change for that construction!

Any friend in phnom penh can check it up if posible.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just read the 1th page, you all talking about where Vatanak tower location???

The 1th picture here is wrong location.

The 2nd picture here is right location.

I just want to confirm where is the real location of Vatanak tower due to you all talking about it., I'm very sure about that area and confirm that said tower is not going to build on the ex-canal at all.

The said canal now is a garden it's infront of train station but it was rent by OCIC since they start build the OCIC tower.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You are so right. There should be zones for skyscrapers and zones for parks and gardens. Phnom Penhonians will regret when they realize that they need more publish spaces and good air quality and healthy lifestyle, but it will be too late by then. Tall buildings block air flows and trap heat. People will use more air conditioning and in term more electricity and other energy sources. The air quality will be a problem. Health issue will raise and the quality of life by then will be questionable. The rich don't care because they can afford to stay and go away when needed. The poor is weak and poor to care. The middle class will be the burden.
I agree too but I don't know if it is the good topic.

Cambodia can build high rise, it's not the problem.

But High rise should be build "properly". Phnom Penh have its own architecture and monument that we must respect. If they build badly, everyone will be angry : local and tourists. Even builder could be affected if they don't build properly. Who want to buy or leave in that type of building if we know people don't like it !
Phnom Penh can have high rise outside the down town or at periphery like Camko city or Star River Zone or Koh Pic. The new building can be build more easily and properly to not interfere with other building, monument and environment. This will create a new area for PP that could be attractive for locals and tourists.
I think PP needs a group of local people to manage all this projects to say where and how to build properly. Else it will becomes the chaos !

Everyone is happy.

·
In the br i g
2,250 Posts
Thanks for making this clear! So it's good that they not gonna build high-rise on the park. I also heard that news too that they gonna build shopping center, but i heard it somewhere near Phsar Chas(old market).

It would be completely stupid if the city allow people to build anything on the City Garden Strip in front the Railway station there. By the way, it is not park, but garden.

This is I would do. Move the station out side the city and build a Parliament Palace - call it the "Royal Parliament Palace" over looking the City Garden Strip toward the Tonle Sap river. Behind the Parliament Palace, we can build all governmental ministries so that the whole area is for the state office.

The shopping centre is right behind the US Embassy, not on the garden but opposite to it along the street on the old canal.

·
In the br i g
2,250 Posts
I just read the 1th page, you all talking about where Vatanak tower location???

The 1th picture here is wrong location.

The 2nd picture here is right location.

I just want to confirm where is the real location of Vatanak tower due to you all talking about it., I'm very sure about that area and confirm that said tower is not going to build on the ex-canal at all.

The said canal now is a garden it's infront of train station but it was rent by OCIC since they start build the OCIC tower.
I think you are right. The second picture is the right one. Just like Sopheak says, they are renting the area on the garden to store construction materials.

·
In the br i g
2,250 Posts
Skyscrapers aren't everything, Cambodia needs a lot of other important things
there should be parks and cycling paths like Melbourne.

Why should Cambodia look like Shanghai, which is full of skyscrapers, Cambodia doesn't need it.
You are so right. There should be zones for skyscrapers and zones for parks and gardens. Phnom Penhonians will regret when they realize that they need more publish spaces and good air quality and healthy lifestyle, but it will be too late by then. Tall buildings block air flows and trap heat. People will use more air conditioning and in term more electricity and other energy sources. The air quality will be a problem. Health issue will raise and the quality of life by then will be questionable. The rich don't care because they can afford to stay and go away when needed. The poor is weak and poor to care. The middle class will be the burden.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I agree too but I don't know if it is the good topic.

Cambodia can build high rise, it's not the problem.

But High rise should be build "properly". Phnom Penh have its own architecture and monument that we must respect. If they build badly, everyone will be angry : local and tourists. Even builder could be affected if they don't build properly. Who want to buy or leave in that type of building if we know people don't like it !
Phnom Penh can have high rise outside the down town or at periphery like Camko city or Star River Zone or Koh Pic. The new building can be build more easily and properly to not interfere with other building, monument and environment. This will create a new area for PP that could be attractive for locals and tourists.

They must be very careful if they buildinside downtown or where people used to live.
I think the government needs to create a group of local people to manage all this projects to say where and how to build properly. (except if it is already create but ...)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Vattanac spends $100,000,000 for the building. I have not heard any commercial activities done by it. Does anyone know what area of banking specialty Vattanac is involved in? For example, commercial lending, development lending, mircofinance lending, consumer lending..etc?

·
Premium Member
34,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Many of the big businesses in Phnom Penh involves in many real estate businesses. So it is ok for Vattanac to have these huge amount of money to invest in this project.

21 - 40 of 1873 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.